Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Other Cruise Lines > River Cruises
Register Forgot Password?

River Cruises River cruises worldwide discussed here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2005, 01:46 PM
Beginner

Default Uniworld is BAD

My husband and I took a trip on the Douro Queen in July. We were among only 50 other passengers so we had high hopes for a good cruise. To be fair, the tours were interesting and the tour guide Patricia was great! The buses were on time and fairly comfortable. Our balcony room was adaquate even though the balcony itself was barely two feet wide, hardly enough room for a two small chairs.

That being said, the food was really horrible. Breakfast was the same every morning except that the pan of scrambled eggs got runnier every day. My husband joked about having to use a spoon for his eggs but it was true. Lunch was whatever was leftover from the night before prepared in a different way with a few mystery dishes. The only good thing about lunch was that there were a three cakes set out for dessert and a cheese tray that we usually made up a small plate to take to our room for a later snack. There was NO food available between any meals. Dinner consisted of what they put in front of you. NO CHOICES AT ALL !!!!!!! The passengers were close to rioting because except for the night that steak was served, the dinners were horrible. Most people resorted to eating off the ship if possible at night.

There were no snacks anywhere. Juice and coffee cost 2.50 euros unless you got them at breakfast. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP !!!!!

The silver lining to this cloud was that, for once, I didn't gain a pound on vacation.
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Passenger

Why is this on the Viking page?
Old September 19th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Beginner

it's good to know, my wife and I were thinking of trying them sometime since it looked good for the money!!!!!

Thanks
WMC