Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2000, 12:28 AM
Nicolas Poitras

Default Grandeur of the Seas Accomodations

We've finally decided on a category D cabin for our fall sailing on Grandeur of the Seas. Very little good locations left so we picked one above the Schooner bar. Others had worse locations: over the South Pacific Lounge or right by the
elevators. Wanted to hear from those who have had similar cabin locations, ie over a bar like the Schooner. Heard any noise from the music or the crowd below? Thanks again... This should be my last cabin questions!
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2000, 12:10 PM
hdawson

Default RE: Grandeur of the Seas Accomodations

Wish I could answer your questions about noise. Usually when cruising, I am so bone tired when I turn in, there is nothing that would interfere with my sleep. Grandeur is one gorgeous ship. Was on her last Oct and just loved the ship. Also Labadee is beautiful and a great beach day. When we arrived on St Thomas, we taxied to Red Hook for the ferry over to St John $3/20 min, and spent most of the day at Trunk Bay. Doing that again next month while on Century. Like a pic post card come to life. Have a great time and be safe.
Old August 22nd, 2000, 12:52 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

No matter what, I always carry earplugs, though usually its to drown out the sound of snoring more than anything else :-)
Old August 22nd, 2000, 02:15 PM
hdawson

Paul, would that be your snoring or someoneelses?
Old August 25th, 2000, 10:14 AM
George in NY

Nicolas, I don't think you have to have to much concern regarding noise from Schooner Bar. The Schooner is a small bar and siiting area located on a corridor, More a place for a quiet cocktail than for heavy party or dancing activity. ( There is no dance floor there ) They do have a piano player or small combo play in evening but I doubt if they go to late into the evening or are too noisey. The bar itself is small and there are a number of tables located on the corridor, people pass through on way to showroom. I have included a photo of the Schooner so you might see what I mean.

George in NY

Old August 29th, 2000, 01:31 PM
Keli

When do you sail on Granduer? We are on Sept.23rd