Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2000, 01:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Rhapsody reviews please

Hi everyone,

I have perused the cruisemates staff reviews of the Rhapsody of the Seas and those by web site members of its sister, Enchantment, but would anyone be willing to post a review of the Rhapsody under "Ship Reviews"/"Member Reviews" -- there is not one available for readers.

We're going to Mexico on Oct 29 on our first cruise (balcony room/Commodore deck) and I would love to read a review by a passenger (and I'm sure it would be appreciated by others on the web site.

Thanks in advance,
Harry Martin

P.S. I am publically promising to post a review when we get back on Nov 5, so no one else has to keep checking and hoping for one. :-)
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2000, 12:58 PM
Ceddie

Default RE: Rhapsody reviews please

Harry
There is a posting by Kuki in the member reviews of the Rhapsody Of The Seas
unfortunately it is not of the itinery that you will be sailing on. I will also be going on the same cruise in feb 01 so will be looking for your review. there is an good cruise chat on this site every weekday 9:00 pm EST please feel free to join us with any questions you may have.
Old September 4th, 2000, 01:13 PM
Ceddie

P.S. have a great cruise
Old September 4th, 2000, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Harry,
I did go on Rhapsody, but did the southern itinary, which I love the best of the caribbean. We had a cat C suite cabin with a balcony which was really nice, enough room and we had 4 adults in the cabin. Balcony was wonderful, can cruise without one now. I loved the Rhapsody for its neat art work throughtout and the open feeling of the ship, lots of windows. The dinning room was also one of the prettiest I've seen so far, 2 story and just beautiful. It was also very easy to navigate through the ship, nice layout.
If you have any specific questions about the ship you can e-mail me at donnanye@cruisemates.com or just post on the boards.

In the mean time you may be interested in reading this review by Kuki, the Rhapsody cruise was a repo to Hawaii. Enjoy:-)

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_RCI/rhapsody1.html>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 4th, 2000, 02:09 PM
Admiral

Hi again Harry,
Thought you may be interested in reading this article too about Vision of the Seas in Alaska. Very good about Kuki's latest Alaska cruise, enjoy

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...rhapsody1.html

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 4th, 2000, 04:13 PM
Waldo

The Rhapsody is a beautiful ship! I was on it back in February, and in fact, will be back on it on the same cruise you're on - October 29th!
Old September 5th, 2000, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Waldo, you're the first person I've come across who will be onboard on the 29th -- hope we can meet up! I heard from our agent today, and we did get moved to room 7100 on Commodore today (we were in the rear part of the ship before with the same category)

I am -- again - promising to do a new comprehensive review when we get back ('cause I am already sold on cruising)

Harry
Old September 5th, 2000, 09:01 PM
Admiral

Donna, thanks so much for your kind help -- again! You're fantastic! I promise to post a review when we get back. I read Kuki's on the main review board, but I'll see if the link you provided sends me elsewhere.

I also have to tell you I told my travel agent about this site and said it is *the* one to recommend.

Finally, ordered two books off Amazon in prep for the cruise -- can't wait to read those (and book our next!)

Harry
Old September 5th, 2000, 10:13 PM
Admiral

Hi Harry,
Just glad I could help, now you just go and have a wonderful time on Rhapsody.
Its always nice to hear people that find this site friendly and informative.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 17th, 2000, 04:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were just on the Rhapsody in June/July 200o to Alaska. It's a beautiful ship! We were also on the Commodore Deck. Inlaws had a balcony and we had an inside cabin with 4 of us. More than enough room for storage. The carpet shows a little for wear, but then think of the # of travelers it sees. It was a very comfortable ship and easy to get around. We loved going to the Royal Viking lounge on deck 13 aft. The view from there was spectacular. The shows were great. We never had a bad meal in the beautiful dining room. We hope that you enjoy the trip. We are taking a sister ship, Legend, to Europe next year.
Old September 23rd, 2000, 02:20 AM
Admiral

Pam wrote:
>
> We were just on the Rhapsody in June/July 200o to Alaska. We are taking a sister ship, Legend, to Europe next year.

Pam, my mom and dad did the Italy and Greece tour about 6 months ago (why do you think I got the cruise bug?). They had a suite with a balcony, and to quote my mom, "Every moment was a joy"

You'll love it. By the way, my mom said they were happy they did both an excursion and non-excursion trip to the Parthenon etc so they could have more time

Harry