Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2000, 12:57 PM
Julie Z

Default vision-class cabins

We're first time cruisers and just got our cabin number for the Enchantment in three weeks. Booked a cat D guarantee and ended up with a D right across from the elevator bank closest to the bow. Has anyone else ever been this close to the elevators on a Vision class ship? Was it noisy? Also, how much movement do you really feel in a location this far forward? We were hoping for something a little closer to mid-ship, but I guess that's the risk you take with a guarantee......
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2000, 01:08 PM
Ceddie

Default RE: vision-class cabins

Julie congratulations for choosing such a nice ship
we were on the Enchantment 2 years ago and had a wonderful time.
The cabins are well soundproofed so you should hear very little noise (I was so tired each nite I wes instantly asleep) the ship is very well stabilized so you should feel little or no movement.
there is a good chat room here at 9:00 EST pm every weekday evening please join us with any and all of your questions there are many people with an answer to any questions you may have.
hope to talk to you there have a great cruise
Ceddie
Old September 4th, 2000, 01:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi JulieZ,
We have 2 of our cruisemates hosts on board Enchantment this week. I'm sure when they return we will get all the information first hand. Check the boards next week and if you have any specific questions, I'm sure either Trip or Tweety will be happy to answer them. Yes, we'd also love to have you join in on our chat every week day evening at 9PM EST, its a lot of fun and a great way to learn tips about cruising. Tonight is our monthy cruise bazaar, which are always interesting, lots of great prices on many cruises. You never know, its always a good time to start planning the next one :-) Hope to see you there, but if we miss you have a great time on your cruise, you picked a beautiful ship.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 6th, 2000, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

We've stayed in CAT D cabins on many of the Vision Class ships. To my view they're great cabins. They're well laid out, and quite comfortable.
Staying close to the elevators should be no problem either. On Vision we were right next to the center elevators, and I dont recall hearing so much as a ding from the elevators.

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old September 6th, 2000, 09:29 PM
Dawn Stefano

Julie:

I've never noticed much of a difference between cabin locations on the big ships unless the seas are extremely rough. That's when you would really feel the motion in those bow cabins.

But the Caribbean is generally very calm so it's unlikely that you'll experience a problem.

I've never been disturbed by elevator noise on any ship and most of my cabins have been fairly close to both the elevators and the stairs.

Have a great time and let us know all about it when you get back.

Dawn