Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2000, 03:12 PM
Ivan

Default Voyager WAS great!

Just came back from the Voyager - unbelieveable! That was my first cruise and I think it will be tough to beat although I am going on the Carnival Victory in November. The ship is truly a work of art and is a masterpiece of engineering.
They sell (on board) a 3 part documentary on how they built the Voyager. It is very informative and gives some great behind the scenes looks at this wonderful ship.

The food was average but certainly not bad. The service was fabulous. Jeff Martin the cruise director was hilarious as well. Many of the crew are heading over to Turku soon to help bring the Explorer over.

If anybody is going on the Voyager soon, ask to be seated at Trevor from Jamaica and Mircea from Romania's table. They are awesome!

If anyone was on the Nov 20th sailing of the Voyager you'll remember Phillip and his "Wiki wiki waaa!!"

If anyone has been on on any of Carnival's Destiny class ships and the Voyager, I would be very interested in hearing how you think these ships compare with each other. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2000, 08:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Voyager WAS great!

Hi Ivan,
Glad to hear you loved Voyager, hope Explorer is just as good?? Thanks for you post on Voyager, love hearing all about it expecially from a "first cruiser". Sounds like you got the cruise bug too?? Enjoy Victory as well :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 10th, 2000, 06:20 PM
Passenger

Do you know who will be the cruise directory on The Explorer? We are going Noverber 11. Thanks
Old September 11th, 2000, 01:41 PM
Ivan

I am not sure - although the assistant cruise director from the Voyager is going over there - maybe she will be the cruise director. Her name was Jill and she was quite funny and efficient.

Ivan
Old September 12th, 2000, 12:18 AM
Admiral

Email RCCL and ask. They told me two weeks after I asked so be patient.
Old September 12th, 2000, 07:56 PM
Passenger

Last December Ken Rush told us he would be the cruise director but things change.
Old September 14th, 2000, 07:15 PM
First Mate

I heard that the Voyager cruise director was moving to the Explorer
Old September 14th, 2000, 11:32 PM
First Mate

I'm hoping that Explorer will be as good. The only minor coplaint was the gym equipment by Reebok. It was okay but not as good as the Cybex machines that they copied.
Old September 18th, 2000, 02:07 PM
First Mate

Returned from the Voyager Sept.10, and had a great time. What a ship, words cannot describe it. Everything about it was first class. Any questions, just let me know. Wish I was going again.