Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2000, 09:52 PM
Vicki C

Default Taking Liquor Aboard

What is Royal Caribbean's policy on this?
Thanks
Vicki
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2000, 01:27 AM
wauhob3

Default RE: Taking Liquor Aboard

I called Royal Caribbean and they said you can't bring your own but I have seen other posts that indicate their liquor wasn't confiscated.
Old September 11th, 2000, 02:26 AM
Tjukka

Vicki,
Why bother to carry your liquor on board the ship when you can buy it in the gift shop for less then it cost's in the US. Unless it is somthing special that you can't find I wouldn't bother carrying it onboard the ship.
Tj
Old September 11th, 2000, 09:37 AM
hdawson

I agree with TJU. Buy it on board or if you want to take your own, pack it in checked luggage. Carryons are exrayed just like at the airport. Buying it in ports as I recall it will be held by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last evening of the cruise.
Old September 12th, 2000, 01:15 AM
Admiral

We bought liquor in Jamaica and Cozumel and packed on to the ship without a problem. You can buy bottles on the ship and drink all of it you want - in your room.

I bought a batch of Cuban cigars in Jamaica. Everybody whinned that I should take the labels off the cigars to bring them in to the U.S. - that customs would take them. Folks, there are so many people leaving the ship - you can almost get trampled going through customs - those agents could care less what you are doing. I took the labels off now I have to put them back on. What a pain. Next time, the labels are staying on!

Hey, the liqour - I'm not in to buying it to bring home. Save a couple dollars? So what. If you are that desperate, then go pick up some empty beer cans and take them to the store for redemption. If you ask me, it's a big pain to lug the bottles home on the plane, etc., all to save a few bucks - and just after having been socked with a big bill for using your "Super Charge" card on the ship!
Old September 12th, 2000, 12:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on Majesty in June, took liquor on board in carry-ons and also bought some in Nassau, none of which was held by the ship. And we are glad we brought some coconut rum home from Nassau!
Old September 12th, 2000, 09:26 PM
hdawson

Will, here in NC Grand Marnier is $38 per fifth (750 ml). In St Thomas it was
$19.95 for a full LITER. More than a couple of bucks especially if there are several otherwise expensive types of interest. Got mine at AH Risers.
Old September 13th, 2000, 12:07 AM
Admiral

Default Grand Marnier

Ahhh - nectar of the gods!

I have not tasted Grand Marnier for over seven years. My neighbor's drink of choice, a party, two bottles, four guys, drank-it-all, came home - drink revisited, drink revisited again, and again, headache, tasted better going in than coming out!

Yes, quite a savings. I guess for me, I get tired of lugging luggage and fighting the crowd on planes and in airports - having to drag bottles of liqour around to save $40.00 is just not worth it to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for those that want to do this - it's just not for me. It's like my wife says, you would rather buy a tee shirt that fit you in Mexico, wash it once and now it wouldn't fit a 2 year old for $12.00 than go to a $6.00 movie.
Old September 14th, 2000, 08:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

The same with B&B. It was half of the price in t. Thomas as it is in the US! It was worth the extra carry-on. I think it depends what you drink!
Old September 17th, 2000, 02:31 PM
Sandra (UK)

Sailed Enchantment in June and there was a booth right next to check in selling variety of liquor. Same drinks were sold onboard for similar price, no restriction on where you could drink it. We bought bottle to drink during the day and paid premium prices in the evening.

Sandra
Old September 17th, 2000, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

i just got off the enchantment last week, and we were given a slip of paper at embarkation,saying this was a no no..........
Old September 26th, 2000, 11:39 AM
First Mate

I've been on over 10 RCI cruises and I have never seen them take liquer and hold it for you. They really don't care, plus the booze in the liquer store is really cheap. Carnival on the other hand does care, they will take your booze at the ganway..they suck!

Enjoy RCI,

Steve...