Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2000, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Scuba diving shore excursions

Has anyone been on a ship sponsored dive? I'll be sailing on the Grandeur in Dec. and want to dive. I'm already certified. I just want to know if the trips the cruise line offers are OK. I know that I'll need to arrange at least one dive on my own at Curacao. Any info would be great, Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2000, 06:33 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark
Default RE: Scuba diving shore excursions

The ships dives are usually OK, but overpriced. You can usually make your own arrangements and save some money.

A case in point, we were in Cozumel and signed up for a two tank dive with Carnival. When we got off the ship with all of our gear, we had to lug it down the pier and out to the taxi stand, take a taxi to down town, to a dive shop. We stood around the dive shop for about an hour until they were ready to go; then we went to a hotel pier to pick up some more divers. Finally got to dive site about 2-1/2 hours after leaving the ship. Had a good dive. Oh, by the way, where was the dive site? About 50 yards off the starboard side of our ship!!!! When the dive was over, we insisted they drop us on shore at the pier, and we walked back to our ship.

Since then, we search the Internet and dive magazines and call the Dive shops direct. Give me a fast boat dive anytime.

Mark