Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2000, 11:31 PM
Yeoman

Default Atrium Cabins

Just curious if anyone has stayed in or met people that have stayed in the atrium cabins. We are going Oct. 29th, and we are booked in one on deck # 8. thanks, Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2000, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Default RE: Atrium Cabins

Cheryl... I've been in them several times, though never sailed in one. They are quite nice and different in a way. Clearly better, in my opinion, that the "closed closet" feeling in a standard Inside cabin. However, one can see into the cabins on the opposite side of the Atrium and people can see up and into your cabin from the Atrium deck. You have to remember to close your window curtains for privacy. It reminds me very much of being in an apartment in a small town, overlooking the active main street. Lots of light, activity and some noise can drift up into your window, but you get a sense of being in the middle of things. Otherwise, it is an interesting concept. Love to hear your opinion after you return.
Ernie
Old October 4th, 2000, 02:13 AM
Shari

We have 3 atrium cabins (2 are adjoining) on the Oct 15th sailing, and we return Oct 22nd. I'll try to let you know how they were, and any tips if we have any when we get back. We are deck 7. We are doing a girls trip, my mom, aunts, and cousins my age (40ish). I'll let you know how it was.
Old October 5th, 2000, 09:13 PM
Lindy

Great - would love to hear all about your cruise and your opinion(s) re: Atrium cabins.....I know I prefer outside because of the balcony ~but love reading everyones views.