Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2000, 11:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Majesty of the Seas

For the past three years, we have been booking new ships as they come out and have had some very pleasant voyages. Could someone please do an unbiased review of Majesty of the Seas, and in particular, some of their Caribbean shorter cruises since we have the opportunity to plan a cruise with family members (all adults) who cannot be away from their businesses for a 7 day cruise. If any of you have direct knowledge of the ship, it's decor, entertainment, food, and amenities, it would be very helpful. Are the premium outside cabins as small as we hear? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2000, 02:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Majesty of the Seas

Hi Kelly,
We sailed on Majesty when she was about a year old and just loved her, yes the cabins were on the small side. The food, service and entertainment were all good. Can't say exactly how the ship is now, but I still hear people very happy sailing on her recently. The layout and decor were also very nice. I would think for a 3-4 day cruise on Majesty would be great. I'm sure others that have cruised on her recently can give you more input. Here are a few hyperlinks to some reviews, the second one is a members review that was about 2 years old, but should be some help? Hope so :-)

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/tours/RCI/Majesty.cfm>

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_RCI/majesty1.html>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 19th, 2000, 06:01 PM
First Mate

Hello Kelly,
I sailed on the Majesty last month on the 3 day 4 night cruise to the Bahamas. My husband, friends and I had the time of our lives! We are still talking about it. The decor of the ship is beautiful. I know the ship is an older one, but is very well maintained. The rooms are small, however we did not spend much time in them anyway so it was fine for us. The entertainment was great. I highly recommend the Quest game, it was hilarious. It is something for everyone on this ship. The food in the main dining room was excellent as well as the service. The casual dining room (The Windjammer) food was ok. Kinda like cafeteria food but somewhat better. In the Bahamas, I would recommmend that you either take an excursion or take a water taxi over to Paradise Island. Bring watershoes to Coco Cay, it is beautiful but rocky. Key West was nice, would suggest that you take an excursion here as well. All in all we had a great time and we will definitely be sailing with RCCI again!!
Old September 25th, 2000, 11:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were on Majesty June 12, 2000 for 4 night Bahama cruise. So great! The ship is beautiful & very well maintained; the staff was courteous & prompt, with one exception being a rude room service person (on the phone), but that was the only bad experience the entire time. I agree that Windjammer food was not great, but it was okay. Main dining room food & service exceptional. In Nassau, we took the Catamaran snorkeling excursion - do that it was the best time! The reefs (we went to three) were teeming with fish & so beautiful! Coco Cay was also very good, the barbeque was quite tasty & there are alot of things to do on the island, except fishing excursion, which my husband really wanted to do. There were a total of 6 in our party, three cabins, ages ranging from 24-54, and we ALL had a great time! ENJOY YOUR TRIP~!
Old October 6th, 2000, 08:41 PM
sea lady

Just returned from the Majesty... good cruise overall... there were jellyfish at coco cay when we were there... don't know if is tides or storms but worth checking before diving in... had a friend get pretty severe stings..food was pretty good... the wind jammer .could use some help.... don't miss the crown lounge ... especially at sunset....I hope you will enjoy it....;