Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2000, 02:11 PM
Sharon and Will

Default LEGEND/SPLENDOR

Hello, all:

We did a 7-day cruise of the Medit. on the Legend in May '99 and a 12-day cruise of the Medit. on the Splendor in May 2000. Though these are sister ships, my husband preferred the Legend. He thought the food and entertainment were better and also he thought the ship was better kept up (neat and sparkly all over). I saw nothing wrong with the Splendor myself!

Both Med. cruises were fabulous. The 12-day allowed us to spend about 2 days in Venice which was probably one of the high points. (FYI if you are interested in this itinerary: Splendor cruises right down the Grand Canal and docks close by St. Marks square and RCCL arranges for a water cab to be stationed right in front of the ship for transporting passengers to center of activity.

Again, Legend is a FINE ship (or at least it was in '99) and we would travel on it again in a heart beat.
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2000, 11:11 PM
stevie

Default RE: LEGEND/SPLENDOR

We are taking the Legend on Oct. 27 on the 12 day Med. cruise. After looking at the shore excursion book, I was wondering if there are taxis or busses at the pier in the ports that are far from the main city. I am not crazy about boarding a tour bus for 10 hours and would rather go on my own. What did you do in the ports? Do you have any suggestions--especially for Rome and Venice. We are going to be there on Sunday and I have heard that most everything will be closed. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,
Stevie
Old November 20th, 2000, 02:24 AM
Carlandcolleen

Default RE: LEGEND/SPLENDOR

Hi,

We went on the Legend in May 2000, In Civetchiveccia(sp) the port for Rome, There is a train station very close to the port.(2 min taxi ride) For about 8$RT you can take the train and there is plenty of time to get there and back on your own. We were one of the few people that did this completely on our own. I recall we were the happiest at our table as the City is very congested, all the busses park in one area and you spend the day following a tour group sign. Take the train, have lunch at a small cafe, relax......you will not be sorry. Even on a Sunday. BTW, watch for pick pockets in the train station and crowded tourest traps... Collasium, St Peters Sq

Happy trails