Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2000, 04:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Legend of the Seas Condition

We are seriously considering this ship for a European trip in September of 01 and need to have some feedback from someone who has been on the ship recently. We are considering a Catagory D (balcony). Would greatly appreciate any immediate input.
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2000, 11:43 AM
Will and Sharon

Default RE: Legend of the Seas Condition

We were on the Legend of the Seas for 7-days in the Med. in May of 1999. It was our first experience with RCCL. This past May (2000), we did a 12-day Med. on the Splendor of the Seas. These are sister ships. They are both very nice ('95 or '96 launches), however, my husband thought that the Legend was better kept up. I, personally saw nothing wrong with either of these ships. I'd cruise on both of them at any time! We did not do a cabin with a balcony because we knew we would not spend much (read that as "any") time in the cabin.

We are booked on the infamous "INFINITY" (Celebrity) to Hawaii in April 2001. Ship is already behind schedule for delivery and I'm still sore at my husband because he did not want to return to the Med. next spring - as we have for the last 3 years!
Old October 20th, 2000, 05:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Legend of the Seas in April on one of the Royal Journeys. That sailing had many foreigners aboard. There were over 40 nationalities among the passengers.
We found that the RCCL food has deteriorated greatly.
The entertainment is still first class if you like pop culture. They no longer seem to do the classical concerts they once did.
The cabins are comfortable.
The ship is extremely noisy, with loudspeakers blasting what passes for music all over the place.
The shore excursion desk was not familiar with the area and did a very poor job because of it. They could offer no suggestions for local transportation or how we could cover things we wanted to see that were not on the shore tour itineraries.
I shouls mention that this journeycovered Dubai, Oman, Jordan, Egypt, Israel and Turkey
Old November 20th, 2000, 01:11 AM
Carlandcolleen

We were on the Lof S May 2000 in the Med.

The ship is beautiful. They were making improvements during our voyage. (New carpet.) I thought it was well kept. It is a big ship with lots to do,
I thought the ship was nice but the service was average and the food was OK. The pool was small and there was very little seating out doors by the pool. The indoor pool was terrific. The late night food was terrible with little selection. There was a better selection on the room service menu. They have only one midnight buffet the entire 7 days. The people on the ship were from various demographics, regions of the world (many from the UK) and up in age on average. We are 35.
I thought the shows were bad. corny and a waste of our time. Find some great people, have late seating and make your vacation fun, we did. They have a great internet center should you need to check on things back home. (We left our children with their grandparents) I recall being so happy we did not take any ship excursion to Rome. We took the train ourselves for 8 dollars RT I believe, and saved $148.00 a piece and did not have to walk in crowded groups, following a silly tour sign. It was our 1st cruise and we had fun because we met some terrific people of all ages.