Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 1st, 2000, 02:05 PM
First Mate

Default Explorer/Voyager "Suites"

Can anyone comment on the difference between the "B" (Grand) and "C" (Superior) suites on the Explorer (or Voyager)? The price difference is huge and all I could find out is that B has 381 sf + 95 sf balcony, whereas "C" has 277 sf + 69 sf balcony. Any other differences in quality, service or amenities? Also, can anyone comment on how noisy any parts of Deck 10 could be given the restaurants/kids' areas/pools/etc. above? Thanks for your input. -- Jeff
Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2000, 08:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE: Explorer/Voyager "Suites"

I can tell you Jeff that on Voyager we had some friends in a B cabin any my sister in a C. Other than being larger, the B is more richely appointed than the C. The service is the same however. Try this....(whichever one you book)... have your travel agent contact RCCL approx. 2 mths from your departure and inquire of price decreases in certain catagories. I was able to get my sister a huge discount as the C cabins weren't completely sold out, hence the rate reduction just prior to sailing. You will be able to recoup the $ even if you've booked a year in advance. Our friends booked just a month prior to sailing and got a super deal on the B. Of course there has to be availability, so if it's a full ship, oh well. We sailed in the Royal Family Suite and of course got no deal as there are only 4.

Hope this helps you...Denise :-)
Old November 12th, 2000, 02:45 PM
kingcruiser

Default RE: Explorer/Voyager "Suites"

Jeff
I can't comment on the difference between b & c however i just returned from EOS 11/04 sailing and stayed in 1390 deck 10 aft. Since these ships are the same design i assume noise would be the same. I heard aboslutely no noise from the island grill whatsoever. The only noise and smell (cigars) came from balconies below. There was also loud noise and vibrations when pulling into port.Maybe from the side thrusters i do not know.