Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2000, 08:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Anne Campbell "Explorer"

Does Anne respond to questions? I posted one regarding the Royal Fam. Suite below. She mentioned the this cabin has a whirlpool tub on the balcony. I would like to know if she actually "saw" it. The Voyager claimed to have the same on its RFS balcony, however, it didn't. We did love the cabin anyway and are booked in the same one aboard Explorer for next April. If possible I would like a confirmation. Thank you. Denise
Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2000, 09:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Anne Campbell "Explorer"

Hi Denise,
From what I understand Anne will be leaving on a cruise this week-end and is probibaly getting ready. I know she was on Explorer recently while the ship was in New York, so she may know the answer about the tub. You may just want to write her an e-mail at: annecampbell@cruisemates.com I'm sure she'll get back to you as soon as she can.

When in April are you going on Explorer? We're going on April 21st. Seems like a long wait, but hope it goes by fast :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 3rd, 2000, 11:47 PM
G8rCruiser

You can see a photo of the Royal Suite whirlpool tub, on the balcony of Explorer, at http:/www.cruiseoutlets.com/roysuite4.jpg. Other Royal Suite photos can be seen via at http://www.cruiseoutlets.com

DeAnn and I will be on Explorer for a week beginning next Saturday (it's third sailing). We booked this cruise while on Voyager last November (2nd sailing). Have waited a year so, I guess we can wait one more week.........it's tough though.
Old November 4th, 2000, 08:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the info. on the RS, however, I was referring to the Royal "Family" Suite. Have a great cruise. Wish ours wasn't so far away. Let us know how you liked it...Denise :-)
Old November 4th, 2000, 08:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hey Donna, we're going on the 21st also!! There are 13 of us so far (family and friends). Have you sailed the Voyager? If so, you know what to expect. If not, wow...you're in for such a treat. We had a super time. No complaints, except for the whirlpool tub fiasco.

Thanks for the e-mail address for Anne. I appreciate it.

Keep in touch...maybe we can arrange to hook up on the ship. Denise..:-)
Old November 4th, 2000, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Hi Denise,
Wow, can't believe we're going at the same time :-) NO, haven't been on Voyager, much prefer the itinary to Explorer. Yes, lets keep in touch, so far its just me and my husband going on this one, can't wait. If you get a chance post in the "meet on board" here at Cruisemates. So far I'm the only one going 4-21-01.

Take care,

DOnnassei/Sealover
Old November 4th, 2000, 07:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Donna...I just posted on "meet on board". Congrats. on your daughters upcoming nuptuals! You will definitely need a vacation after that. Looking forward to keeping in touch and meeting you on board. We range in age from myself and husband (late 30's), our son (9), my husbands parents and other choice family (50-60 range) and our friends (40's). Quite a diverse bunch of characters.

Take care and talk to you soon. Denise :-)
Old November 4th, 2000, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Hi Denise,
So glad to finally find cruisers on Explorer with us. Husband and I are mid 40's and love to cruise, but this one is simply for R and R, but have a feeling we'll have a great time on this new ship. Gosh, you're got a great bunch cruising with you, best way to go. Look forward to talking before we go, take care.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 12th, 2000, 03:38 PM
kingcruiser

denise
just returned from EOS 11/04 sailing,had room 1390 aft directly over a royal family suite. If they had a whirlpool on their balcony it was invisible. Their balcony was completely in full view from my balcony
Old November 12th, 2000, 04:18 PM
Admiral

Hi Kingcruiser,
So how was your recent cruise on Explorer of the Seas? Would love to hear all about it :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 12th, 2000, 08:42 PM
kingcruiser

well glad you asked. It was great. I kept all the compasses so i could help answer any questions. I even kept a few notes while on board in case i write a review later. The short version is the ship is magnificent. I was impressed with the Grand Princess but this ship out does that. It was like a floating hotel and i really love that promenade it was a great place to seat relax with a cup of coffee and just people watch. I must say the food in the dining although good was not great. They had some very good dishes but in general i'd give the food a B. I would however recommend this ship to everyone. I am already checking into the Adventure for next nov. a ship as beautiful as EOS and one with great ports what more could you ask for.
Old November 12th, 2000, 09:59 PM
Admiral

Thanks Kingcruiser,
Love hearing good things about Explorer, now really can't wait:-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 14th, 2000, 01:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks! I have gotten in touch w/ Anne since my original post and she advised that she saw in the "brochure" that there "was" a hottub. (She was mislead just as we were) She didn't actually see it. Oh well... Even though it was misadvertised, we still have it booked for April. We loved it on the Voyager. There were 5 of us with plenty of room left over.

Glad you enjoyed the Explorer. Can't wait to see her. Denise :-)
Old November 14th, 2000, 11:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Can anyone ask Anne if she can find out the Square Footage of the Balcony for Aft Cabins C1694 and C1394? I am hearing conflicting info from RCL on this.

Of course, if anyone has stayed in these on Voyager or Explorer and knows I would greatly appreciate it. Also wondering if these cabins are wide open to prying eyes at the Windjammer!

Thanks,
Paula
Old November 19th, 2000, 11:05 AM
Tim Rubacky

Paula,

The verandahs for those cabins are partially shaded. If you're on the outer 1/2 of the verandah, people in the Island Grill will be able to see you.

Tim Rubacky
Consumer Affairs Editor
Old November 21st, 2000, 11:36 PM
kingcruiser

Tim
Not to disagree, however we had 1390 & 1392 and i don't believe anyone from the island grill could see you unless you were all the way next to the railng. At least that is the way it was on these two rooms.
Old November 25th, 2000, 04:00 PM
Passenger

We saw the royal suite on the Explorer and it did have a whirlpool tub on a small private balcony off the bedroom. It was separate from the main balcony