Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2000, 09:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Portofino on Voyager or Explorer

Hi All,

We will be going on EOS in 2 weeks. I would like comments about Portofino resturant on either Voyager or Explorer. Specifically, how is the food? Is it better than the standard food? Is it worth $40.00 per couple. Thanks,

Ally
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2000, 11:45 PM
Yeoman

Default RE: Portofino on Voyager or Explorer

Hi Ally,
we just got home from the Voyager and we did go to Portofinos for dinner one night, and it was just wonderful. We felt it was worth the extra charge. It is a very elegant restaurant with wonderful Italian food, very special atmosphere, and the food is very different from the dining room. We loved the food in the main dining room, but the food in the restaurant is prepared in a separate kitchen, and is very special. We loved it, and we would go again on our next cruise...Cheryl
Old November 7th, 2000, 10:21 PM
Passenger

Hi Ally!

I hear it's suppose to be a great restaurant and well worth the extra $. I also heard that if you want to get in to eat there you need to make your reservations on the first day because it books up fast. We too are going on EOS ... Dec. 2nd sailing. This will be our first cruise.

:-)
Tanya
Old November 12th, 2000, 03:28 PM
kingcruiser

just returned from EOS 11/04 sailing. I highly recommend the food at Portofino's we ate there on tuesday night and events in the dinig room. The pasta was great as opposed to the dining room where it was not (head waiter in dining room said they had to improve the pasta and were working on it.)
The only thing i would not recommend at Portofino's is the lobster (according to the three in our group who ordered it) it was better in the dining room. Don't forget the tira mi su for dessert. I must say however our service was better in the dining room. Although i found the food to be good in the main dining room i did not find it to be great. FYI the wine list in Portofino's is different than the dining room's also. The wines are of the more expensive variety and served by the bottle only.
Old November 12th, 2000, 03:32 PM
kingcruiser

Sorry,
meant to say we did not miss any special events in the dining roomkingcruiser wrote:
>
> just returned from EOS 11/04 sailing. I highly recommend the
> food at Portofino's we ate there on tuesday night and events in
> the dinig room. The pasta was great as opposed to the dining
> room where it was not (head waiter in dining room said they had
> to improve the pasta and were working on it.)
> The only thing i would not recommend at Portofino's is the
> lobster (according to the three in our group who ordered it) it
> was better in the dining room. Don't forget the tira mi su for
> dessert. I must say however our service was better in the
> dining room. Although i found the food to be good in the main
> dining room i did not find it to be great. FYI the wine list
> in Portofino's is different than the dining room's also. The
> wines are of the more expensive variety and served by the
> bottle only.