Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2000, 09:40 PM
First Mate

Default Voyager/Explorer Aft Cabin & Deck ?

I am looking to book one of these cabins and am wondering which deck is the best. 9, 7, or 6. I am wondering about noise from the windjammer if I book the top floor and wondering if I will get any sun in the lower decks. We do spend time on our balcony and are specifically interested in a Cat "C". Perhaps Anne can help with this also?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2000, 07:39 AM
First Mate

Default RE: Voyager/Explorer Aft Cabin & Deck ?

Try cabin 7688 (full aft, corner, at deck 7.......see attached photo). You will have two views instead of one. It is twice as wide as all others (the standard is the width of the stateroom) as it incorporates wasted space from an adjacent emergency stairway. Deck 7 is the highest, full aft, balcony that cannot be viewed from above balconies &/or the Island Grill above.

Noise should not be a concern and the view is awsome.

Old November 8th, 2000, 04:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Dan!

Does anyone else have any feedback on this? The picture looked great, but I am also wondering if I would have the same benefits on deck 8 or 9
Old November 9th, 2000, 02:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on Voyager in aft cabins last April. My sister had a "C" on deck 10 and we had the Royal Family Suite on deck 8. The aft balconies are much larger as I'm sure you are aware. My sisters balcony was completely coverered while ours was completely in the open. The balconies on the corners are somewhat rounded on the sides. We also had friends in a corner cabin on deck 10. While their balcony was large, you couldn't stand upright at the area toward the side. Their cabin however was much bigger than the standard "D9".

I can't comment on the "C" cabins on decks 6 and 7 as I never saw them, but they are most likely in the open. I might add that the only problem with having an open balcony is that people above you can look down and see most of it.

I would recommend the "C" on deck 10. It's a great cabin, large both inside and out. You won't hear "any" noise what-so-ever from the Windjammer.

Let me know if I can answer any more questions. We liked our cabins so much that we booked on the Explorer for next April in the same cabin. Denise :-)