Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 8th, 2000, 09:31 PM
Yeoman

Default RCCL in Alaska

Hi, we are thinking of going to Alaska on either the Rhapsody or the new ship the Radiance in late June or early July. I would appreciate any input from a past travler on RCCL to Alaska...Thanks, Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2000, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default RE: RCCL in Alaska

Cheryl wrote:
>
> Hi, we are thinking of going to Alaska on either the Rhapsody
> or the new ship the Radiance in late June or early July. I
> would appreciate any input from a past travler on RCCL to
> Alaska...Thanks, Cheryl
Cheryl,
I've sailed the Rhapsody in Alaska as well as to Hawaii. Just this summer we sailed the Vision of the Seas in Alaska. On that cruise we wrote a daily log, which was posted here on CruiseMates. Here's the link to it.. Should give u feel for what u can expect of RCI in Alaska.
<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/hum-op/vision-intro.cfm>
Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old November 9th, 2000, 12:46 PM
cruiseladytx

2 years ago I did the round trip Vancouver alaskan cruise on RCCL and the year before that did the northbound on that other cruise line. I really missed Alaska this year and am planning on going May 2001 on Rhapsody. Whichever ship you take, this is the only destination that I believe a cabin with a veranda is needed. You have 2000 people on deck trying to see the glaciers. I usually invite friends and order coffee and hot chocolate and have a glacier viewing party in my cabin. As for tours, any helicopter or float plane tour is worth the money. Imagine walking on a glacier. It's a once in a lifetime experience and not to be missed. Also, I did a wildlife cruise in Juneau and enjoyed it very much.

You can email me with any specific questions.
Old November 10th, 2000, 09:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

We had a family cruise on Rhapsody to Alaska this past June. It was a great trip. Some members had an inside cabin and some a balcony. For glacier viewing the balcony was the best, otherwise we didn't use the balcony much. Also, the sun rises very early in Alaska. Little known fact, there are balconies in the library and the card room. Nobody was using them. When the captain turned the ship from our balcony side we ran to the library to get another view - just magnificent! Hope you enjoy your trip. We sure did. Also the Royal Viking Lounge - Deck 13 is a great viewing area for whale watching any time of day.
Old February 4th, 2001, 06:28 AM
Linda Marie

Just returned from cruising the Mexican Riviera on Rhapsody,all the time thinking what a marvelous ship to take to Alaska! The decor, with all that beautiful teakwood and brass made this ship almost too warm for Mexico, but lends itself perfectly to the icy backdrop of the Inside passage. Also, I can't imagine a better northern guide than Capt.Olassen! His voice came across the loudspeaker with much reasurance and authority,not to mention,a wonderful sense of humor! His noon bridge reports became the highlight of our sea days.