Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2000, 08:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Legend of the Seas

We are traveling to Europe on the 6/24 cruise to northern Europe on the Legend of the Seas. This is our first time to Europe. We sailed on the sister ship the Rhapsody to Alaska, but understand there is a difference. Does anyone recommend any particular excusions not to miss? How does the Legend compare to the Rhapsody?
Thanks, PJ
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2000, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Legend of the Seas

Hi PJ,
I found a members review of "Legend of the Seas", but with the itinary from Athens to Lisbon. I hope it will give you a little insight on the ship.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_RCI/legend1.html>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 14th, 2000, 12:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Can't comment on the excursions but we did sail on the Legend in ' 98 and also the Rhapsody in ' 99. The two ship are considered "sister" ships if you've sailed on one then the layout of the other will be familiar to you. Even though the Legend is slightly older than the Rhapsody,if forced to choose, I liked the Legend better. Both are beautiful and I wouldn't hesitate to sail either ship again.
Have a great time!
Ashley
Old November 15th, 2000, 09:43 AM
First Mate

Legend is a great ship, I was on her sister Splender and Rapsody's sister Granduer. Rapsody is newer and larger by tonage, the main show room is two stories insead of one on Legend. Legend also has the 18 hole mini golf course, Rapsody does not. I also felt that the Legend class ships had a lot more glass inclosures than Rapsody. I think you'll enjoy it, from the inside layout they look and feel very similar.

Enjoy,

Steve
(9th RCCL Cruise)
Old November 15th, 2000, 04:30 PM
Admiral

The two story dining room and the atrium area on the Legend are floor to ceiling glass. Both ships offer a solarium domed pool area which is marvelous. Features are very similar on each ship and it is very easy to navigate. We do prefer the Legend because of its open atmosphere.
Old November 17th, 2000, 08:42 AM
Lisette

My husband and I went on the Legend throught the panama canal last january and thoroughly enjoyed the ship, we enjoyed it so much we are going on the Legend Dec 2nd from Mombassa to bombay on one of their royal Journeys. We have also cruised on the Rhapsody but like the Legend much better. There is such a sense of openess to the legend with all the glass windows, it really is a beautiful ship.
Old November 17th, 2000, 06:12 PM
First Mate

What is your itinerary for this cruise ? I did the Taste of Med on Legend last year and loved it. I would be happy to give you specifics on ports, e-mail me. My basic advice, try not to do everything. My best days always include a stop at a cafe to watch the people and soak up the atmosphere. The ports people didn't enjoy seem to mean they were trying to do too much. Rome for example, is a city to spend so much time in, and that's impossible in a day. So remember just to take a Taste !
Old November 18th, 2000, 02:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the advice. We are going on the Northern European route. LeHarve, France, Scotland, Ireland, Norway and Amsterdam and returning to Harwich. My husband has never been overseas and he wants to see as much as possible without overdoing.

Thanks, Pam
Old November 20th, 2000, 06:05 PM
Yeoman

We are taking the same cruise, but July 30. We took Legend through the Panama Canal and also through Hawaii. It is a beautiful ship. We liked it better than sister ship Grandeur. You made a good choice. I think the itinerary is also very good. If you have never been to Amsterdam or Paris, you will want to make sure you see them. Also, I recommend you spend at least a couple of days in London. You can find some descriptions of the tours at the RCCL website.
Old November 29th, 2000, 11:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was very impressed with your reply to PJ in answer to his question about the Legend in comparison to the Rhapsody. I especially liked your advice to not overdue it while in port but be happy with a taste. You mentioned you did the Taste of the Med. and as we are booked for the Best of the Med. in Sept.aboard the Legend. I would be very interested in any information you could give me about the ports you visited. Also what month you went and what the weather was like. This will be our first trip to Europe and I think I made a big mistake by not planning a day or two in Barcelona before the cruise. We will be coming from San Francisco and will probably be in a stupor upon arriving in Barcelona. Would love to hear from you.Sheila wrote:
>
> What is your itinerary for this cruise ? I did the Taste of
> Med on Legend last year and loved it. I would be happy to give
> you specifics on ports, e-mail me. My basic advice, try not to
> do everything. My best days always include a stop at a cafe to
> watch the people and soak up the atmosphere. The ports people
> didn't enjoy seem to mean they were trying to do too much.
> Rome for example, is a city to spend so much time in, and
> that's impossible in a day. So remember just to take a Taste !
Old December 2nd, 2000, 07:51 PM
David Starkey

The Legend although slightly older is an good ship and does offer more personal space per passenger (carries less passengers) and offers a large about of glass areas offering excellent viewing from many spots and public areas on the ship.
The Legend also travels at 24 knots instead of the standard 22(used my many of the RCCL ships)

Enjoy the Legend.....my family and I did( 5 times on RCCL ships)(25 cruises on other lines)