Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2000, 11:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kim
Default back from the Explorer...

Hi all...
whew! What can I say...The Explorer is a dream!
Our wedding was like a fairy tale...it was beautiful...
and we were the very first couple married aboard the Explorer!!!

For all of you booked to sail on the Explorer...you are in for a real treat...
The food is excellent, the entertainment is the best, the service is fantastic...etc...
And we were informed that the Explorer has been rated a 5 star hotel on water!

I learned some very interesting information...
According to the social hostess Catherine...
The Explorer left Southhampton and followed the exact path of the Titanic...at exactly the same day, date and time...only different month and year.
Also, the EOS sailed over the Titanic at exactly the same day, date and time of The Titanic's sinking...
The crew all found it very eerie...

Well...
I'll be glad to answer any questions...
Kim
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2000, 02:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE: back from the Explorer...

I think it's so neat that you two were the "first" to be married on the Explorer. Congratulations!! Did they (RCCL) do anything special for you? We're sailing on her in April and were on her sister last April. Other than the decor, it's probably much the same. What type of cabin were you in and what was the color scheme? We were in the RFS on the Voyager and it was orange tones (yuk). We have the same cabin again and am hoping they tone down on the orange. Thanks...Denise :-)
Old November 16th, 2000, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Kim,
Congrats on the wedding! So, how did you like the chapel? How exciting to be the first married there, wonderful. We have a balcony cabin on D7, did you by chance check these cabins out or have one yourself? Was also wondering about the food, do they serve lobster one night and is it real Maine lobster? Was there any big names in the entertainment? Thanks in advance for any information :-) Oh, and one last thing, I think I heard you can get to the bow of the ship, is that true? That tidbit about Titanic did sound erie, thanks for the story.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 17th, 2000, 07:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Donna...When we were on Voyager, we went to the bow and I yelled (with arms spread eagle) "I'M THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD".... :-) What fun!! I would imagine you can do the same on Explorer. We also saw a helicopter transfer a sick passenger from the ship. WOW. That was an awsome experience. The copter kept circling the ship due to high wind and ended up pulling the passenger up by a lift (at the bow). We're sailing on Explorer 4/21. Can't wait...Denise :-)
Old November 17th, 2000, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Hi Denise,
So glad to hear you can do that, would assume it would be the same on Explorer.
Wow, that is just so cool. Thanks for letting me know. Lets plan on meeting somewhere on Explorer the week of 4-21-01. Got my flight deviations last week and we should be landing in Miami at 1:00 and ready to cruise. Take care.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 17th, 2000, 06:55 PM
Ceddie

Kim glad you had a great wedding and honeymoon as I thought you would.
I'm sure you are hooked on cruising just like the rest of us are.
I'm sure everyone here would love it if you could write a little review of the cruise as the ship is so new no one really knows what it is like yet.

For Donna here is a picture from the Voyager webcam taken in Ocho Rios last year you can walk all the way up to the front and I spent some time there as it is a great place to stand and watch the ship sail or just watch the water go by.

Ceddie

Old November 17th, 2000, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Hi Ceddie,
Great Pic, thanks :-)

DOnnassei/Sealover
Old November 18th, 2000, 11:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kim

Hi Denise,
We stayed in a category D6...on deck 6 balcony. We had lot's of room, and from the comments made on the ship...the Explorer is completely toned down as compared to the Voyager...even the rooms.

The colour scheme in our bathroom was aqua and blue...it really was lovely and I didn't find it to vibrant. In our room it was a mixture of rose, brown and blue (if I remember correctly).
The entertainment was excellent as I said. The ice show "Explore a New World" is a must see...included in the ice show is the acrobatics of Robert Stempfl's.
We had comedians...they were hilarious...and one night (I missed this show but heard excellent reviews) the group "beatlemania".

The food like I said was awesome...we never tried Portifino's ($20 each) as the food in the dining room was excellent. The desserts were all fantastic... Johnny Rockets on deck 12 is also a must try.
I had some reflexology done at the spa...the spa is beautiful and the staff is very professional.

The Royal Promenade is gorgeous...and don't miss the free Ice Cream bar by the Promenade Cafe.

Royal Caribbean gave us a bottle of Dom Perignon one evening as a thank you for being the first couple married aboard the Explorer.
Although a free cruise would have been nice...hahahhahhahha...just kidding, I miss cruising so much that's all.
We are already planning our next cruise...yes I am addicted...

If you have anymore questions...I be happy to answer them.
by the way...I'm jealous....how many days until you sail on the Explorer?

KimDenise wrote:
>
> I think it's so neat that you two were the "first" to be
> married on the Explorer. Congratulations!! Did they (RCCL) do
> anything special for you? We're sailing on her in April and
> were on her sister last April. Other than the decor, it's
> probably much the same. What type of cabin were you in and
> what was the color scheme? We were in the RFS on the Voyager
> and it was orange tones (yuk). We have the same cabin again
> and am hoping they tone down on the orange. Thanks...Denise :-)
Old November 19th, 2000, 07:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

That sounds wonderful Kim...and yes, you should've gotten a free cruise. It's the least they could've done! The comedians...aren't they great?! When we arrived at the port and were standing in line w/ tickets(Voyager sailing), 3 of the "Cruise Comics" were milling about dressed as country bumpkins, complete w/ rubber chickens. It was GREAT!! I'm hoping the ones on the Explorer are just as funny. We didn't do Portofino's either. I heard it was excellent, but enjoyed the main dining room. Have a good day honeymooners....Denise
Old November 19th, 2000, 07:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Ahoy mate....definitely, lets hook up! Do you have my e-mail address? When it gets closer, I'll give you our cabin # so you can give us a buzz. Have a great day...Denise :-)
Old November 19th, 2000, 01:41 PM
Admiral

Hi Denise,
No, don't have you e-mail address. Sounds like a good plan, I'll give you our cabin number, we're on deck D7. How about U? When we get closer e-mail me at donnanye@cruisemates.com

Only 153 days left :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 19th, 2000, 06:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

We're in cabin 9694 (aft/royal fam. suite). Our e-mail is d.bales2@gte.net. Can't wait. I think 22 weeks looks better than 153 days! We have a chalk board in the kitchen where we keep track of the weeks. On former cruises, we would count the days down but they seemed to go much slower.

We're hopping on the RCCL bus which goes by our area (St. Petersburg). We usually charter our own bus (I hate to fly) but have heard there normally aren't too many people on these treks to Miami, so we're going to try it. Nothing like free transportation!

Have a Happy Gobble, Gobble... Denise :-)
Old November 19th, 2000, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Hi Denice,
Thanks got all the info. We in 7636 on D7. We'll definately keep in touch.
Hope the bus thing works out, sounds like a good plan, wish we were closer.
You should be able to board fairly early :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old December 2nd, 2000, 11:28 AM
luvfelines

How long does the disembarking process take? We are trying to schedule flights. THANK YOU!