Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2000, 10:11 PM
Passenger

Default Cat C Size on Explorer

My husband and I had a wonderful holiday on Voyager last January, Cat B, deck 10, and are now counting the days to our trip on Explorer this coming January, Cat C deck 10. Can anyone tell me if there is much of a difference in size or facilities between these two cabins?
Thank you!
Sandra
Sponsored Links
Old November 23rd, 2000, 04:17 PM
Passenger

Default RE: Cat C Size on Explorer

We were on the Explorer Nov. 11 - 18 in cabin Cat C. It is a very spacious cabin. It has a walk in closet with double rods, a single rod, lots of shelves, belt hanger and room for suitcases. Plenty of storage under the beds also for suitcases as the beds are higher then previous ships. The bathroom had a nice deep, long tub with lovely ceramic tile. There is a sitting area with 2 chairs, sofa and table next to the balcony. The wall across from the beds had lotsss of storage. On of the cabinets is all shelves, dresser with drawers, desk, refrig. with top shelf emptied for your use. The balcony had a lounge chair, 2 chairs and a table. This Cat C room was nicer than the one we had on Grandeur. You will love it. We did look at a Cat B, A and the royal suite. I would not pay the difference in the B and C. The C is all we needed and we did not use all the storage space. It was not a bit crowded. Cat A is noticeably larger than the B and C and is a very nice room.

You will have a great time and be very pleased with the Cat C.
Old November 24th, 2000, 11:54 PM
Passenger

Thanks Jeanie, it sounds great. If you have any other tips and comments about the ship, I would love to hear from you!
Sandra
Old November 25th, 2000, 09:48 AM
George in NY

Jeanie, Thanks for the information. I presume that other than size there are no other amenities granted as a " suite? " I had read somewhere that you had to go up to a "B" to gain entrance into some special suite lounge area. Also no butlers on RCCL I am told. I have been spoiled taking the Royal Suite on Celebrity so a little disappointed that they call the Cat C a suite when in reality it appears to be merely a DELUXE or LARGER cabin. Don't get me wrong, looks like a nice cabin and we have one booked in June on Explorer. Didn't even consider a higher cat suite as price difference was very large and there didn't appear, again, to be anything special other than cabin size.
Sabdra for photo's of Cat C and others you can go to

<http://cruiseoutlets.com/new_page_1.htm>

They have some good pictures posted.

George in NY
203 days to Explorer
315 until Zenith
Jeanie wrote:
>
> We were on the Explorer Nov. 11 - 18 in cabin Cat C. It is a
> very spacious cabin. It has a walk in closet with double rods,
> a single rod, lots of shelves, belt hanger and room for
> suitcases. Plenty of storage under the beds also for suitcases
> as the beds are higher then previous ships. The bathroom had a
> nice deep, long tub with lovely ceramic tile. There is a
> sitting area with 2 chairs, sofa and table next to the
> balcony. The wall across from the beds had lotsss of storage.
> On of the cabinets is all shelves, dresser with drawers, desk,
> refrig. with top shelf emptied for your use. The balcony had a
> lounge chair, 2 chairs and a table. This Cat C room was nicer
> than the one we had on Grandeur. You will love it. We did
> look at a Cat B, A and the royal suite. I would not pay the
> difference in the B and C. The C is all we needed and we did
> not use all the storage space. It was not a bit crowded. Cat
> A is noticeably larger than the B and C and is a very nice room.
>
> You will have a great time and be very pleased with the Cat C.
Old November 25th, 2000, 10:11 AM
Passenger

Sandra, We arrived at the Port of Miami at 10:45 and boarded the ship at 11:10 am. There was absolutely no line and no wait. Very painless. The stewards were still cleaning the rooms so all the cabin doors were open. We looked at the different staterooms on deck 9 and 10. Royal suite is to die for. Of course I will never sleep in one. Getting off the ship was so much better with the luggage carousel. Our color was called at 8:30 am (we had a late flight) proceded to pick up lugggage. We could have got on a 10:30 am flight but our friends had checked their luggage at the port. You must have you luggage with you to change flights.

All the talk about the food on the Voyager. Not true on the Explorer. The food was very good. The only night I didn't enjoy my meal was on Tuesday night, Caribbean night, but that is because I ordered something I didn't like and really wasn't hungry (had a milkshake and onion rings late in day at Johnny Rockets). This would be a good night to go to Portifinos. Our tablemates ate at the Island Grill one night and said it was one of their best meals. They had a grilled new york strip. I ate one in the dining room and it was very tasty. The lobster was also excellent. My two previous cruises on RCL last year, the lobster was not good so I was impressed. The food overall was better also. I don't understand the complaints about the food. I did get a couple of soups I didn't like but I always like to try new dishes. When you try new dishes you will get something you don't like. But all you have to do is tell your waiter and he will be very pleased to bring you something else. Maybe the complainers eat better than I do at home. Any questions let me know. Will wright a review later.
Old November 25th, 2000, 03:29 PM
Passenger

George, the private suite lounge for Cat A and B is on deck 9 and the cabins are on deck 10. . It is nice but dark and no sea view. I would rather go one floor up and use the the outdoor cafe on deck 10 as I am a light and view person. We had cabin service and had coffee on our balcony which was also better than using the private lounge. If money was not a factor, I would go for a Cat. A but Cat. C was great for us. Also, I don't remember the Cat B Balcony being any larger than Cat C but can't say for sure.
Old November 26th, 2000, 12:51 PM
George in NY

Jeanie, Thank you for the information. I'll stay with the Cat C and be a happy camper I am sure.

George in NY
Old November 26th, 2000, 08:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi George in NY,
So, when are you going on Explorer? We still have another 146 days to wait
Can't wait to hear your impressions on Explorer.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old November 26th, 2000, 09:53 PM
Passenger

George, Jeanie is right about Concierge Lounge, we used it on Voyager earlier this year, but only for a late night coffee on way back to cabin. Mind you, there were delicious chocolate-covered strawberries, and we received personalised stationary. Nice touches, but the lounge had no real value, certainly not enough to be a consideration when choosing categories. Cat C sounds great.
47 days to go..........
Old November 27th, 2000, 07:29 AM
George in NY

Donna, We are booked in June so I guess it will be me reading YOUR impressions

George in NY
Our Forefathers had " Give me Liberty or give me Death "
We have " Send the lawyers home. "
Nixon conceded quietly to Kennedy. Time for Gore to follow his lead. I know Gore believes he invented the Republic and can therefore rebuild it, however reality must come into play here. Give good old Tipper another sloppy one and get off the stage.Donna wrote:
>
> Hi George in NY,
> So, when are you going on Explorer? We still have another 146
> days to wait
> Can't wait to hear your impressions on Explorer.
>
> Donnassei/Sealover