Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2000, 10:33 AM
Lorraine Sadler

Default RCL Legend - Scandinavia

I'm planning a cruise with my sister for July 2002 on Legend of the Seas--the 12-day Scandinavian cruise departing from Harwich, England. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has taken this itinerary--tips, comments, lessons learned, etc. We're sailing on Voyager in January and looking forward to seeing this reported fabulous "floating resort." This will be my eleventh cruise and I'm hooked on them! It's the least complicated method of traveling.
Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2000, 01:34 PM
cruiseladytx

Default RE: RCL Legend - Scandinavia

I am also interested in this cruise. Booked for 8/23/2001. Especially would like to hear about any tours and embarkation.

Thanks.
Old December 7th, 2000, 03:14 PM
Ted

Default RE: RCL Legend - Scandinavia

Hi Lorraine; My wife & I took the Scandinavian 12-day cruise on the Spendour this past July. It was just wonderful!! All of the ports were great. The people of Scandinavia are very friendly & helpful, & their English is universally quite good. Oslo is a relatively small capitol city. It is easy to get around on the local mass transit system - both above & below ground. Stockholm is just gorgeous - especially the Old Town. Helsinki is very interesting - do not miss the open-air market in the harbor. St. Petersburg is less vibrant & open. You are not allowed to go out on your own. You have to use an excursion from the ship, or get a separate visa before hand at a cost of about $110.00 per person!! Do not miss the various palaces of the tsars! Absolutely fabulous!! The Hermitage was very hot & crowded & dreary-looking. Very over-crowded. No one to explain anything. Tallinn was a nice, quaint small old town. Interesting to walk around by yourself. Copenhagen was the best of the bunch. Just beautiful. Must see Tivoli Gardens. Have to walk, walk, walk! Be careful of some of the excursions from the ship - they can be quite expensive. It is usually easier & cheaper to go out on your own. Do a little homework about each town before you leave home. Use the local trams, etc. Very easy & inexpensive. Do a lot of walking. All of these towns are very conducive to walking! Your best buys for Nordic sweaters is in the open-air market in Tallinn - 1/2 the price of anywhere else. In Copenhagen, make sure you walk over to the Nyhaven - do not miss sitting in one of their small waterfront restaurants & have one of their famous open-sandwiches & a drink!! Just great!!
If you have any further questions, feel free to e-mail me at any time. Ted