Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2000, 10:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default excursion questions..

Just got cruise documents for our Jan 14th Voyager cruise..getting very excited. We are not real big on the excursions but like to try one or two shorter ones. Has anyone done the Ocean View excursion in Cozumel? If so, could you give me some input on that one? We are a family of four travelling with two sons, ages 11 and 5. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2000, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: excursion questions..

Hi Suzy,
Sorry, haven't done that excersion in Cozumel. In case you or anyone in the family likes to snorkel, great snorkel park "Chankaaab" that you can get to by short taxi ride from the pier. Very nice park and decent snorkeling. You can always stop by Carlos and Charlies for some fun too :-)

Donnassei
Old December 18th, 2000, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Skip the tour in Cozumel and take Donna up on her suggestion and go to the park especially for the kids or just to Playa del Sol (beach with facilities). If you stop in Ochio Rios, Jamaica, that is where you want to take a tour (catamaran may be best) to Dunn's River Falls (The kids may get bored with the Plantation visit that includes Dunn's River Falls. Climb the falls with the kids even the 5 year old will love it. Don't forget the aqua shoes or canvas sneakers are a must. The guide will carry your camera, too.

Bon Voyage
Old December 27th, 2000, 01:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

We enjoyed the Mayan ruins tour on Cozumel, but your five-year-old might be too young to appreciate it. I second Nanatravel's suggestion about the trip to Dunn's River Falls. It was our favorite thing about Jamaica. My feet were tough enough to do it barefoot, but most of the tourists had on sneakers or the aqua shoes.

Jack
Old December 27th, 2000, 06:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree about the Mayan ruins. That is really fascinating, but the 5 year old probably wouldn't appreciate it at all.

Dunn's River is also a great trip! I hope you enjoy it.

PS I have traveled with children from the age of 7 to 18 as my 2 boys have grown up. They have many things for the children to do and they will love it! Don't worry about entertaining the children. One excursion above the 5 year old's head will soon be forgotten with the rest of the fun that they will have. My boys even loved Alaska, more for the activities on board than the location, but they still appreciated the beauty of Alaska and just loved going out on the glaciers! Children will surprise you in what they find awesome.

PJ
Old December 30th, 2000, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Suzy
I'm a big cruiser and I a big excursion person for the most part, EXCEPT on Cozumel. Rent a car (less than $100/day) There's only a few roads and the main road circles the island. The other side of the island, away from the ship, is great for finding a private beach and cafe or touring mayan ruins..

The only excursion I considered, was a jeep safari through the south side of the island.

Bon Vayage!!

Rick
Virginia Beach, Va.