Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 31st, 2000, 03:03 PM
Passenger

Default Eplorer of the Seas ... 12/02/00

We were on the Explorer cruise sailing 12/02/00. We had the most WONDERFUL time. Our cabin was catagory DA (deluxe oceanview) and was located on deck 10 with all the suites and the Royal Suite ... even though our cabin was great and for the amount of time we spent in it ... the suites are REALLY nice. We snuck a quick peak in the suites as well as the Royal suite ... NICE! Although I don't think I would spend the extra bucks unless we had more people staying with us in the cabin. The ship was better than we expected. Our beefs were the gym wasn't open very good hours (8am-8pm) It was packed most of the time we tried to go. The dinning room was wonderful. We had awesome waiters .. and great food. No one in our party was disappointed with any of the meals. We didn't eat in the Portifinio .. it was booked up after the first day. The Windjammer cafe was packed everyday for lunch a breakfast, but it was nice to grab some food and take it out on the deck. Overall I think the ship was fantastic and we really had a great time.
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2000, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Eplorer of the Seas ... 12/02/00

Hi Tanya,
Its so good to hear people come back from a cruise that really enjoyed it. Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Anything you did in some of the ports thats "not to be missed"? Also, its nice to hear that the food was good, seems most people do complain about that. Thanks for your information on Explorer, 111 days left till we can chech it out ourselves :-)

Donnassei
Old January 1st, 2001, 11:53 AM
George in NY

Tanya, Thanks for the review. We have a cat C suite on deck when we sail and can hardly wait to see this new ship.

166 days until we board

George in NY - Anyone need syringes to shoot dope? Let me know NY now legal to buy same without prescription. Need cigarrettes off internet? Please don't ask, I'm not a CRIMINAL and won't violate the new law against buying same off internet, phone, or mail. Shoot dope be happy. Buy a cigarrette and we are coming for YOU! Tanya wrote:
>
> We were on the Explorer cruise sailing 12/02/00. We had the
> most WONDERFUL time. Our cabin was catagory DA (deluxe
> oceanview) and was located on deck 10 with all the suites and
> the Royal Suite ... even though our cabin was great and for the
> amount of time we spent in it ... the suites are REALLY nice.
> We snuck a quick peak in the suites as well as the Royal suite
> ... NICE! Although I don't think I would spend the extra bucks
> unless we had more people staying with us in the cabin. The
> ship was better than we expected. Our beefs were the gym
> wasn't open very good hours (8am-8pm) It was packed most of the
> time we tried to go. The dinning room was wonderful. We had
> awesome waiters .. and great food. No one in our party was
> disappointed with any of the meals. We didn't eat in the
> Portifinio .. it was booked up after the first day. The
> Windjammer cafe was packed everyday for lunch a breakfast, but
> it was nice to grab some food and take it out on the deck.
> Overall I think the ship was fantastic and we really had a
> great time.
Old January 2nd, 2001, 02:08 PM
andrew

hey fellow cruiser...we were on the explorer with you.
Old January 6th, 2001, 01:49 PM
Lindy

Thanks for your short review re: your cruise on Explorer. We are booked this coming April and starting to really get excited. We cruised on Voyager last April and thought it was an awesome ship ~ then we prefer RCL ships for alot of reasons! Glad you had such a fantastic cruise. Lindy