Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2001, 08:14 PM
GLEN

Default ENCHANTMENT 02/18

GOING ON ENCHANTMENT 02/18/01. ANY OTHER FAMILIES GOING????
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2001, 09:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: ENCHANTMENT 02/18

Hi Glen,
Wow, you'll be cruising before U know it, have a ball! You may also want to post on the "meet on board' here at Cruisemates to find other families:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/persin.cfm>

Donnassei
Old January 12th, 2001, 08:41 AM
Ragene

Hi Glen! My husband and I will be taking the cruise on 2/18 on Enchantment. We are leaving the kids at home for this trip. I've only cruised once before (this past summer) and this will be my husband's first cruise.
Old January 21st, 2001, 09:57 AM
Glen

We have cruised several times in the past and love RCCL. We were on the sister ship to the Enchantment last year I think you will love this ship. We are bring the entire family although we only seem to see the kids at dinner and when we get off in port.

Counting the days

Glen
Old January 31st, 2001, 03:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: ENCHANTMENT 02/18

Hi Glen,

We are taking our two daughters 17 and 20, not really kids, but still a family experience! First time cruise for all of us, so we are wildly excited and not really sure what to expect. Hopefully, there will be other cruisers their age to hang out with and not a bunch of older folks like us. Have you cruised RCCL before, will we be pleased with our choice?? Heard lots of comments about early vs late dinner, any thoughts on that?

19 days and counting

Merry
Old February 1st, 2001, 12:29 PM
Glen

Merry,
Don't worry our girls are going 17 and 20. We love RCCL so much that this is our 3rd RCCL cruise in the last 3 years. As far as dinner the kids prefer the early sitting so that they can get away from us old folks earlier then later and enjoy the partying that the ship offers them. We ask to be seated at a large table they usually do a good job matching us up with familys that have kids the same age. It also will give you a chance to make some new friends. You'll also love the Eastern Carribean route. We usually bounce back and forth between Eastern and Western. My wife loves St Maartin for the jewelry shopping and the kids and I love St Thomas for the diving at Coki beach. We also go down the day before it makes the first day so much more enjoyable not being tired from traveling all day. A
Old February 2nd, 2001, 02:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the reassurance and to your daughter Libby too. This seemed like a good time for all of us to get together as a family, and we were hoping a cruise would give us lots of variety. The girls are really excited except for having to dress up (not their thing), and we can't wait either. I know you mentioned Coki beach as a good time, is this something you can do on your own or is it an excursion run through the cruise line? The trip itself is costing major dollars, so our intent was not to spend additional unless necessary. Thanks for the insight into the meal times, we thought late would be better (mainly because of the get ready time for 3 Females) but maybe the girls will want to get socializing early... Guess we will have to play it by ear, I understand you can also eat at another spot if you don't want to go to the dining room?

Merry
Old February 3rd, 2001, 10:16 AM
Glen

Merry,
As far as keeping the cost down. I always found it cheaper to book any shore excusions on shore then on the ship. After all they need there mark up. These boards can give you a good idea of what is available and what some folks will do. I am also one of those travelers that "keeps a bottle in the room". You can usually pick a couple up real cheap in the ship's store, if not all the ports have duty free stores with some real good prices on booze.

The Windjamer offers alternate dining most all the time if you don't want to eat in the dining room. It allows you a less scheduled time to eat unlike the dining room where you have to be there a certain time

This will be our second time to St. Martin and fifth time to St. Thomas. They are both real fun ports.

14 days and counting.

Glen