Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Clay

Default Rhapsody - Alaska

We are thinking of taking the Rhapsody from Seward to Vancouver in May. We couldn't help but notice that RCCL is the only cruiseline that doesn't list College Fjords on their itinerary. Is this because some of the things that went on with RCCL in the last year or two??

Will we miss much not actually going through College Fjords - I guess we will be cruising on the outside of it (although I can't actually find a map of the itinerary - only ones I can find show it going from Vancouver to Vancouver).

Thanks in advance,
Clay
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2001, 07:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Rhapsody - Alaska

We were on the Rhapsody this past summer but did the Vancouver to Vancouver trip. It was fanstastic. The weather even cooperated - only one misty day and that was in Ketchikan and it always rains there! I don't think you will miss much, because you will be close to shore most of the time anyway and the scenery is awesome. If you want true Fjords you need to go to Norway.

Have a great trip.

Pam
Old January 19th, 2001, 05:08 PM
Frank

Default Re: Rhapsody - Alaska

My understanding is that the various cruise lines must alternate between the various Glacier routes or they will be over-run with ships. So they each usually have a few ships or even may sometimes skip a year at some locales. Glacier Bay is probably their favorite site, then Hubbard Glacier, College fiords etc. I have been through college fiords. It's basically 3 hours of cruising, where Glacier Bay is a full day near the Glaciers. I am on the Radiance in August and we go to Hubbard Glacier. You might consider Princess Cruises. They go to Glacier Bay and College Fiords this year.