Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2001, 05:01 PM
Lady Jag

Default Has anyone been in a Cat. B on Voyager/Explorer?

We're planning to book the new Adventure of the Seas and want to get an idea of what a Category B cabin is like. I have looked all over for pictures of it, but everything I have found so far only goes up to Category C. Can anyone tell me a little bit about the cabin and the balcony? What is the layout like? Is there a sofa bed for 2? Thanks so much for the help!
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Has anyone been in a Cat. B on Voyager/Explore

We had friends who stayed in a Cat B on Voyager. It was a "very nice" cabin. The size is 381 sq. ft while the balcony is 95 sq. ft. There is a difference between a Cat B and C. The C is nice as well, but the B has is more luxuriously appointed and includes a marble-topped bar area among other things.

Food for thought....our friends decided to go just one month prior to the cruise and got an excellent deal on the B. I would have your travel agent start calling RCCL approx. 2 mths out. If the B cabins aren't booked, they will pass on the savings to new passengers. You are entitled to that same savings and therefore would get a refund of the difference in price.

Hope this helps..... 13 wks. to Explorer!!! Denise :-)
Old January 19th, 2001, 07:48 PM
Lady Jag

Thanks so much for the info and we will definitely check up on the rates a couple months before we go to see if our price has come down. There certainly is a huge jump in price from Cat. C to Cat. B, so I hope it will be worth it. Thanks again for the help!! :o)
Old January 23rd, 2001, 12:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lori

Here are two websites that I have found with pictures of Cat. B suites.
www.mytravelco.com. Go to cruises, then to ship tours (which is a 360 virtual tour). Scroll down the page to Royal Caribbean / Voyager. It takes a minute or so to load, but it's pretty neat to see.
The other site is www.rccl-voyager.com. In the photo gallery is a Cat. B.

I hope this helps!
Old January 23rd, 2001, 06:02 PM
Lady Jag

Thanks so much, Lori. I forgot about those websites! Thanks again!
Old January 25th, 2001, 09:35 PM
Passenger

I stayed in Cat B on Voyager last year, and on Cat C on Explorer this year. The Cat B was fabulous with a double balcony, very large bathroom and large sitting area. I thought I would be disappointed with Cat C, but no, it was very spacious and comfortable. I would even suggest that unless you are getting a good deal, save the difference you would pay for Cat B, go Cat C and spend the money on board or at port on yourself!
Old January 25th, 2001, 11:28 PM
Lady Jag

Thanks for the information, Sandra! I appreciate it!

The Cat. B is considerably more than the Cat. C - we're talking $3,000 more! Do you think it is worth that much more?

We will be in a Cat. C on the Radiance in October, but my husband wanted to try a Cat. B. What are the main differences between the 2 categories?

Thanks again!
Old January 27th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Passenger

The Cat B is definitely larger than Cat C notably the balcony and the bathroom which has two sinks and a bath.
There are plenty of wardrobes with ceiling to floor mirrors, and a marble top counter with drawers and presses underneath. There is a long dressing table beside the bed, and a couch, two armchairs and coffee table.
The Concierge Lounge is available to all Cat B (and higher grades:Cat A, Owners and Royal Suites). The concierge will organise excursions, dining arrangements, personalised notepaper, virtually everything you could require on board. There are coffee making facilities, an 'honour' bar, and snacks available in the lounge which is located on Deck 9 aft.

If you can survive without two sinks, the Cat C is also quite spacious. The bathroom also has a bath. There is also a couch, two armchairs and table, a walk-in wardrobe, and a large unit with mirrors, plenty of drawers and shelves.
Try to board the ship early when all the cabin doors are open, and have a good prowl and compare each category.

I might be tempted to go Cat C and spend the extra $3000 in Diamonds International...!!!
Old January 28th, 2001, 01:40 PM
Lady Jag

Thanks for the information, Sandra! Diamonds International does sound good, doesn't it? My kind-of place! Now, all I have to do is convince my husband that a Cat. C is good enough and it won't be easy. Thanks again, I appreciate it!