Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 23rd, 2001, 10:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Just returned from Voyager..review

Wow..Just returned on Sunday from Voyager and cant think of a word to describe this ship and this vacation. We have cruised several other lines, most recently Disney. Disney stole our hearts. We loved it. HOWEVER..the Voyager of The Seas is the best! This is the most amazing ship. From the first day when we boarded..a smoothe easy process, not much of a line to the last day..we had a blast. We sailed with our sons ages 11 and 5.

The formal nights were nice, The food was great..and very plentiful. The Cafe Promenade is dangerous if yuo are watching your weight! The whole Royal Promenade is something else. Be sure to look at the details on the walls around the stairs and elevators..great artwork. OUr favorite spot was the Solarium pool..what a concept. We had no problem with kids being in this area..very quiet and relaxing.

The childrens programs were fabulous. Our smallest son did not want to leave. Our table mates had two boys so our older son hung out with them and they had walkie talkies. I highly recommend these, esp for families with kids.

The ice show was incredible. We took the advice found on this board and got seats in the end section..front row! Quite a thrill for the kids. Great show!

We had a Category C-aft suite. This was in the very rear of hte ship. The deck was huge. Unlike other deck 6 balconies, ours had glass all the way across. The room was very large. Lots of storage etc.

I am probably rambling because I am still so keyed up..oh yea..ports: We absolutely loved Labadee. I was leary because of the comments i had read. If you do not like the locals then you do not need to go to the market. We did go there and made it out alive!*L* We didnt feel pressured by the men moving the chairs either..avery relaxing day. Jamaica was fun too. Yes, it is poor and dirty, but it is the real thing. They are very pushy in the markets, but it is a great experience for the kids. Just hold on to them! Cozumel is beautiful..we went on a short excursion, shopped, ate at the Hard Rock and then asked our taxi driver to find us a public beach. He took us to a beach club..no
admission. Pool, beach chairs, drinks(you pay for these ) etc..it was gorgeous! We spent the day there.

This is the most wonderful vacation. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2001, 07:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Just returned from Voyager..review

Welcome home Suzy.... I'm so happy you had such a nice time. Didn't I tell you your little one wouldn't want to leave?!? Our's (9 yrs old) didn't either! We have 12 more wks to Explorer and our son wants to go ahead and get the suitcases out. This will be his 4th cruise. He's as hooked as we are!

My sister had an aft "C" cabin as well. It was wonderful. We had the Royal Family Suite right under her "C". The balconies are tremendous!! We've got the same cabin on Explorer too. Can't wait.

I totally agree w/ you on the Cafe Promenade! :-) We went there every night and stocked up on "lots" of stuff and headed back to the cabin to relax on the balcony before retiring.

Denise :-)))
Old January 24th, 2001, 08:10 AM
Steve M

Suzy,

I just returned from Explorer, it was a great time. I have a question, did the Voyager have the digital photo ID system in place so when your boarded in Miami your digital picture was taken with your blue boarding card. Also, everytime you left the ship and returned you had to slide the card into an ATM looking machine with security. I'm traveling on Voyager in March and was curious if they also had this security system.

Thanks,

Steve M.
Old January 24th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to vicky

Sounds like a fantastic trip. Don't post on here much but try to read all I can on Voyager. We're taking our girls 19, 18 and 15 in May. Our 2nd cruise, their 1st. They're a little anxious about outher kids on board, especially the 15 y/o. But enjoyed your review and sounds wonderful, can't wait
Old January 24th, 2001, 04:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Steve..they did not have this system on the Voyager. I would imagine that they would eventually implement it. We were wondering about that while on our trip..Disney also scans your card. Have fun!
Old January 24th, 2001, 04:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

On our cruise there were 300 kids under 18(we thought this was pretty small number). 200 of those were teenagers. So I think your daughter will enjoy herself. There are a lot of teen activities on board. Have fun!
Old January 26th, 2001, 08:29 AM
First Mate

Suzy...thanks for the great review on VOS. We sail (for the first time) on March 4 with several of our friends. We are so excited! You mentioned Deck 6 balconies...is there a problem with the balcony? Some people have said that there is no glass. Also, glad to hear about Labadee...we have heard so many negative comments. We were beginning to wonder if we should even get off the ship for that excursion. Glad you had a great trip. :-)
Old January 26th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Texas

Suzy, thanks for your review. I'm going March 4th and having a very hard time keeping occupied until then. I've decided to take half as much clothing and mid week send everything to the laundry. Do you remember the laundry prices?
Old January 26th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Suzy,
So happy to hear you had such a pleasant experience on the Voyager. We're sailing with her on March 4 and I've been hearing that this ship does not have laundromats on board. I've been on several Princess cruises and Costa and they all had them. Is this true?
Old January 26th, 2001, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Cindy,
Yes, that was another thing I really liked about Princess, the selfserve laundry on every guest floor. No, Royal Caribbean does not have them I pack using a lot of cleaners bags, really saves on the wrinkles. I guess we just have to pack and plan on bringing all the dirty clothes home. Have fun on Voyager!

Donnassei
Old January 29th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Admiral

Donna,
Overall, how would you rate the Voyager to the Princess line?
Old January 29th, 2001, 07:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Cindy,
We did our first Princess cruise last spring and I would definately cruise on Princess again in a second, very good food and service. We haven't been on Voyager yet, but will be on Explorer this coming April. What Princess ship are you considering?? I think both Voyager and Explorer of the Seas are geared for families if thats any help? We have been on a few other Royal CAribbean cruises and they fit our bill just fine, can't wait to see Explorer, always getting great reviews back from cruisers, just have to see for myself :-) Let me know what ship you finally decide on, OK?

Donnassei
Old January 30th, 2001, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Hi, Donna,
We've already been on the Regal Princess twice and the
Sea Princess once. We've had wonderful experiences with
Princess, but a lot of people tell us it's nothing like
Royal Caribbean. That's why we're trying RL for the first
time March 4 with the Voyager. Hope it's as great!
Old January 30th, 2001, 06:17 PM
donnaH

Hi Cindy,
I bet you will have a fantastic time on Voyager! I think you will notice a difference after dinner and the shows and nite life on RCCL compared to Princess.
Have a ball and can't wait to hear your impressions of Voyager when you return.

Donnassei
Old February 1st, 2001, 06:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cindy,
We went on the Grand Princess last summer and are returning to the Voyager and RCI this June, if that gives you any indication of how impressed I was with Princess.