Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2001, 01:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default First Cruise???

Hi! We are going to be going on a 7 day cruise in August and still have not decided between Carnival and Royal Caribbean. We have 4 travelling and we are all going to be without our children and would like to have agood time. We have been told that Carnival is best for a budget but with Royal Caribbean your chances are better. We would like an adults only atmosphere so as not to have those heart strings pulled as we see others with their children. We are all drinkers, dancers and we love to gamble so please tell me which cruise would be ideal for us???

Thanx, Jen
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2001, 04:10 PM
BillG

Default Re: First Cruise???

Whichever line you choose, if you sail in August, I'm afraid you will find plenty of kids onboard, especially on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and most of the major lines. If that is a problem for you, I suggest you either check out a vacation alternative or consider taking your kids with you. Some lines offer good third and fourth passenger rates, so if your kids are of an age where you would feel comfortable taking them with you, look into that possibility. Carnival and Royal Caribbean offer great kids activity programs so they needn't be underfoot all the time, and baby sitting can frequently be arranged to allow you some adult time in the evening.
Old January 24th, 2001, 04:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Jen...If you're looking for the "party" atmosphere, I would go w/ Carnival. We sailed on Carnivals Destiny as well as 4 RCCL ships. In comparison, Carnival is the more lively of the two (my opinion). There were many more younger couples aboard that particular Carnival sailing than on any RCCL ship we've sailed. RCCL is our favorite however for many other reasons. We aren't in the "party animal" classification anymore, but do like to have a good time.

Also, if the price is a factor, Carnival is most likely a better choice as well.

I can go on and on about the wonderful aspects of any RCCL ship but you've expressed interest in 2 of the best assets of Carnival and therefore they would probably be your best choice.

Good luck...I know it's a tough decision. If you cruise Carnival this time, you can always try an RCCL ship next time! Denise :-)
Old January 30th, 2001, 02:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Definitely go RCCL. Carnival is not the first class service that you get on RCCL. Have been on seven RCCL cruises, number eight coming up in March. Don't waste your money on Carnival.
Old January 31st, 2001, 08:43 AM
Steve M

Carnival is Flashy Trash! The whole line can be compare is staying at the Holiday Inn as Royal Caribbean is like the Hayitt. Don't bother to go on Carnival its cheap and you DO NOT receive the first class service that one receives on Royal Caribbean. Plus, Royal has the World's largest cruise ships!
( I have cruise with both lines)
Steve M.