Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2001, 12:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Has anyone sailed the Mexican Riviera in Dec./Jan?

We are thinking of booking a cruise along the western Mexican coast next December for New years Eve. Has anyone done this at that time of year? We are concerned that the weather might not be warm and sunny enough. Let us know. Mary
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2001, 07:08 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Has anyone sailed the Mexican Riviera in Dec./

We did a 10 day, San Diego to Acapulco roundtrip a couple of years ago in Jan. Weather was pleasant in San Diego and warm to hot the reat of the trip. We really enjoyed the cruise.
Old February 1st, 2001, 08:33 PM
Rixnsd

The weather is usually pleasent in San Diego at that time of the year. once you sail south past the Baja pennisula The avg. temp at is 80 degrees avg. Pending any storms, you should have a great time, it is an excellent time of the year to cruise the Mexican Riviera. We sailed last yr that time and was outstanding. Rix
Old February 3rd, 2001, 03:25 AM
Linda Marie Greenburg

Just returned from sailing the Mexican Riviera Jan.14-21 aboard Rhapsody of the Seas.
Weather was fabulous, in spite of a freak rainstorm in Puerto Vallarta. Rain there is totally different from here in Oregon, in that it falls as a tropical jungle mist.Very hot and humid! The natives were shocked,to say the least, to see rain in January,being used to it not coming til June.
But enough of that. By all means,I highly recomend Mexico for December/January travel! Already, I'm planning next year's cruise for 1/13/02 aboard Carnival Elation, since Rhapsody will be in the Caribbean next year.

Linda Marie
Old February 6th, 2001, 10:14 PM
Passenger

A friend of mine and her family cruised December 3rd of this year and once they go to Mexico the weather was great. A little chilly until then, but they had a wonderful time. It was on the Elation.
Old February 8th, 2001, 04:30 AM
CM Host Heather

December and January are different climates. December is nice and January can be rainy (but not in Cabo - it is sunny there 360 days per year on average). November is the best time of the year to travel to the mexican riveria with December coming in second.
Old February 28th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lindsay

hi!

I just booked the Elation for Dec. 30th! So, I'll be spending New Year's eve out on the ocean! I'm really looking forward to it. I was told by several people that the weather is actually nicer in December, than in June, when I had my original sailing. Less humidity and it's not the rainy season like summer is. I even got an e-mail from Randi from Randi's Happy Horses horseback riding saying it's nicer in December. Maybe I'll see you aboard! !