Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2001, 03:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default 6/24 British Isles/Fjords

Our family is going on the Legend of the Seas on 6/24. Any advice as to proper clothing, excursions and must see or do's would be greatly appreciated.

We are doing a 2 day pre-cruise at the Millenium Bailey's in London. Has anyone been there and what it is like.

We have been to the Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal and the Med., but this is our first for Europe.

Thanks,
Pam
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2001, 09:39 PM
luvtocruise

Default Re: 6/24 British Isles/Fjords

Hi Pam,
My parents and I will also be on that cruise and I have the same questions. We will be doing a post-cruise for 5 days in London. If someone has done this trip (or similar) please let us know what the weather is like that time of the year!
Thanks!!!
Old February 12th, 2001, 10:48 AM
First Mate

We are going, but we cruise the trip before yours, we also have the same questions. One difference we are staying at the Grosvenor House in London prior to departure. If someone can help with any information it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Pat
Old February 12th, 2001, 11:30 AM
gail adler

We did this cruise Aug. '99. It was fabulous!!! Have since been to Europe on Millenium and it doesn't compare to the Splendour, which did this cruise then. You will need light jackets and definitely and umbrella as the British Isles and Ireland are cool and rainy. Of course, there are many days of sun; we found most of the rain in London. As it turned out, Norway was the warmest, but that was probably just a stroke of luck. My husband and I have traveled all over the world; nothing for us compares with the beauty of the Norwegian fjords. This cruise was sooo great, I envy you for having it ahead of you. Our only bad luck was that sea conditions prevented us from going to Amsterdam. I was disappointed; so much so that we sailed out of Amsterdam this past year; spent 3 days there precruise. Amsterdam is great!! Enjoy!!
Old February 14th, 2001, 06:49 PM
Yeoman

We are doing the same exact trip, but the July sailing. The hotel appears to be in a good location. I found a website for it online. Are you arranging your own air or going through RCCL?
Old February 21st, 2001, 10:50 AM
Passenger

We did this trip last july on the splendor. The best trip that we have taken so far. You will love the fjords. Enjoy!
Bev