Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Texas

Default 5 days and counting

5 days and counting. I'm going bananas. Mentally, I check out of work at 3pm. I started packing today. I'm a light packer and one big suitcase w/ wheels holds all my clothes and shoes. I'm going to put my water/soda and other "you gotta take" and "wish I would have taken" items in my medium suitcase along w/ extra duffle bags for items to carry home. Once I pack my overnight bag, I'll be ready to go. It just dawned on me my flight leaves at 8am but who cares at this point. I knew it was a morning flight, after all I booked it but didn't realize it leaves at 8am until now. I'm not going to be able to sleep Saturday night anyway.

It's raining in the DFW metroplex and I'm so ready to get out of here. We need the rain after the drought last summer. As long as it stops long enough for me to fly out Sunday, it can rain until I get back.

I'm kind of nervous about the American Airlines strike but I bought the insurance, so as long as I get there it doesn't matter any more.

I checked my camera out today and I couldn't believe the battery was low, so back I go to my favorite store, "WAL-MART" to get camera batteries. It was tooo funny because I had just read one of my packing list and it said bring extra camera batteries and I thought why? Well, I'm very glad the low battery light was on today when I flipped up the flash. Praise the Lord for technology.

I'm checking about 4/5 boards a day about 4 or 5 times a day. I can't stand it anymore. I was going to go shopping this evening just to pass the time but it's raining so I guess I'll order a pizza and watch The Mole season finale. Sounds exciting!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2001, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: 5 days and counting

Hi Texas,
Wow, you sound a little excited?? I would be too. Hey, just a thought, but you may want to check out our nitely chat at 9:00 PM EST and then again at 10:30 PM EST. Its a great way to pass the time until the cruise, so come and join us.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/chatin.cfm>

Donnassei
Old February 28th, 2001, 08:55 AM
First Mate

Hi Texas...I'm with you. We leave on Sunday too (flying out on Saturday)...3 days to go!!! We're packed and ready for sun and fun! We are from Michigan and have had lots of snow this winter so this will be a wonderful relief. Enjoy your cruise...have you checked out www.cruisediva.com (more packing lists and 'wish I took that stuff'). Take lots of pictures! Vickie
Old February 28th, 2001, 09:01 AM
Doug R.

Hi Texas,

I found one sure cure for getting jumpy like you on the few days before leaving for the cruise. I am getting married the day before I leave on my cruise on 4/29. That will take your mind off pre-departure nerves!

Doug
Old February 28th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Donna B.

What other boards are you checking, please e-mail me the list. Thanks. I'm leaving for Miami Friday for the Explorer on Saturday.Texas wrote:
Old February 28th, 2001, 02:16 PM
Texas

Donna, once I leave work around sixish, I log off and I'm done for the day. I work on computers all day so 9 to 10 hours of computer time a day is more than enough for me. My husband would flip if I logged on when I got home. I've thought about it though. I have my major boards I check - cruisemates, cruise @ddict, cruise 2, cruise critic and i-cruise. I'm a cruise junkie now. I'm already sending a note to my girlfriends for us to cruise late summer or early fall. I'm going to see what kind of response I get. I'm figuring, we could get some really cheap inside rooms, or quads w/ a balcony. I have married girlfriends who need a break from their husbands and/or children and single girlfriends, who are trying to get their grooves back.

Doug, Congratulations!!! Your soon to be wife is going to be a bit nervous so give her a little extra space at the rehearsal dinner and wedding. Don't take anything personal these last few days. It's a woman thing. Just be sure to be there for her if she breaks down. If she hasn't already, she'll have a weeping moment. Once again, it's a woman thing. Nothings wrong but we need to get that last weep out before we walk down the aisle. It's a happy, joyful, excited cry. Again, Congrats!!!

Vicki, I have the Diva list as well. You seem as excited as I am. Is this your first cruise, also?
Old February 28th, 2001, 02:53 PM
First Mate

Texas...yes, this is our first cruise too! I'm like you...10 million lists. But I think I have everything I need. If not, we'll just have to purchase it and that can be exciting as well. I think I have packed too much but it's done and I'm READY!!
Bon Voyage...maybe we'll see you on board. Vickie
Old February 28th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Bo

Hey one thought....on my first cruise I had all the checklists and remembered everything but socks and deoderant. Now on my checklist for Explorer on June 2. I am not as close as y'all but only 94 days to go!!!!!
Old February 28th, 2001, 08:46 PM
Admiral

Hi Texas,
You may also want to check out the Cruisemates New Years cruise on Golden Princess, should be a great time and actually the prices are decent for a holiday sailing, so how does that sound?? Hope you consider it??

Donnassei

PS: 52 more days til Explorer for me :-)
Old February 28th, 2001, 08:58 PM
Admiral

Hi bo,
Socks and deoderant you forgot??? Bet you don't forget those things again, possible something else though? Guess the check-list is a good idea, happy cruising!!

Donnassei
Old March 1st, 2001, 09:06 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the congrats Texas! I will be the nervous one as this is my first marriage (32 years of proud bachelorhood). She has already been through this once, so she should be a pro at this. We have seriously cut the words we have to speak in our ceremony cause we both know we will be in tears. One of our best friends will be the official tissuebearer (a new bridal party job). We are sure neither of us will be fit to live with the last few days. Really looking forward to the cruise, she has been on Carnival (and swears she will never go there ever again) before and the closest I have been is the Cape May - Lewes ferry. We chose RCCL because of many favorable experiences among friends and associates. We chose the Monarch of the Seas because we liked the itenerary.

Doug <-----58 days of bachelorhood left -- 59 to cruise
Old March 1st, 2001, 11:46 AM
Texas

Bo, you are too funny. I bought new deo on one of my previous trips to Wal-Mart. Now that I think about it, I haven't packed any socks. Thanks Bo, when I get home that's the first thing I'm going to throw in the suitcase.

Well, I'm down to 3 days and I can't take it. I'm physically at work but mentally out of town. I have so much to get done at work between today and Friday. I think the system is up Saturday so I can get whatever I don't get done today or Friday done Saturday. Yea right, me work the Saturday before my vacation. Oh, well it sounded good. And I guess you can tell how much I'm in to my work. I didn't even check my work email when I got in this morning. I went directly to cruisemates to talk to all my new found friends. And after I post this I'll go to my other favorite cruise boards.

Everyone have a great day!! I'm sure I'll be back before the end of the day.
Old March 16th, 2001, 06:01 PM
Texas

I'm Back. Voyager unbelievable. Will post review later.