Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2001, 11:03 AM
Edayy

Default Any feedback from the Monarch of the Seas

Hi i am going on the Monarch of the Seas on the 29th July 2001 and was wondering if there is any feedback on this trip ie. favs and dislikes.

Also is there anyone else who will be going on this date?

Edayy
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2001, 11:51 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Any feedback from the Monarch of the Seas

Several of my co-workers have sailed on the Monarch and are very happy with the ship. I am sailing on this ship on April 29th on my honeymoon so I will post my impressions then. In the meantime will be very interested in the responses to your query.

Doug
Old March 9th, 2001, 12:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

WE WENT ON THE MONARCH 5 YEARS AGO. IT HAD BEEN 8 YEARS SINCE OUR LAST CRUISE SO WE HADN'T SEEN THE "NEW" CLASS OF CRUISE SHIP. WE WERE SO IMPRESSED! YOU WILL REALLY ENJOY IT. I REALLY LIKED THE "ICE CREAM PARLOR" STYLE DINING AREA OF THE WINDJAMMER CAFE AND THE OPEN AIR SEATING THERE AS OPPOSED TO THE NEWER SHIPS WHICH ARE ALL CLOSED IN. THE NEWER SHIPS SEEM TO HAVE LESS OPEN SPACE. IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER WHAT THE SHIP LOOKS LIKE, IT IS THE CRUISE ITSELF THAT MAKES YOU EITHER AN ADDICT OR A "NEVER AGAIN" PERSON. FOR MY PART , IT WAS THE BEGINNING OF A BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN.WE HAVE GONE WITH THEM EVERY YEAR SINCE. IF YOU HAVE SAILED BEFORE, ON THE BIGGER SHIPS, YOU MAY BE DISAPPOINTED. IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST CRUISE, YOU WILL BE HOOKED FOR LIFE OR COMPLETELY TURNED OFF. I LOVE CRUISING WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN AND I WOULD GO ON THE MONARCH OR OTHER "OLDER" SHIPS IN A HEARTBEAT. I JUST LOVE CRUISING! WISHING YOU A GREAT VACATION!
Old March 17th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Mary Martin

My husband and I sailed our first cruise aboard the Monarch. We are hooked on cruising for life! Monarch is a great ship, easy to get around in. We called 1-800-621-7752 and ordered their ship video before we went (about $9.95 you can pay extra to get the video quicker usually takes 4 to 6 weeks otherwise) and WOW!
it made us even more excited. You can get reimbursed the 9.95 if you give the card that comes with it to your travel agent before you book the cruise, but who buys a video before booking? At any rate it makes a great keepsake. We had the best time, the food was great the help was great, we were so impressed that the first Monday after we got back we booked the same ship same trip for the next year. We will be sailing the Explorer of the Seas in just a few days March 24th.
Hope you enjoy yourself as much as we did.
Mary
Old April 22nd, 2001, 11:53 PM
Yeoman

My husband and I will be sailing July 29, 2001 also. 10 th anniversary!!
Old May 18th, 2001, 01:25 PM
Passenger

I'm very excited to board this ship! It will be my first cruise. My husband (as of July 28th) and I will be boarding on July 29th for our Honeymoon. Can't wait!