Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2001, 11:19 PM
DEANA

Default Curacao

We will be going on the Vision in 4 weeks and one of the ports is Curacao. Are there any recommended tours or can we see a lot on our own. All responses are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2001, 11:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Bo
Default Re: Curacao

I went to Curacao a few years ago and went to the place where they actually make Curacao the Liquer, It was pretty interesting and you even get a little taste if you want. We didn't do an excursion, rather we rented a taxi driver to show us the sights. Afterwards we went shopping a little and just enjoyed the city it is very uniqe as you will see. It is divided in half by the port and you can take a sort of river taxi across or there is a bridge that is part boat that opens and clses tpp let the container ships in. It was very hot!!!
Old March 14th, 2001, 10:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Was there in Dec aboard Grandeur. You can do quite well with one of the many friendly taxi drivers that are available at the dock. Don't pay to go to a beach. Most hotels will ignore it if you walk through the lobby and use their beach. At least Princess Beach Hotel didn't seem to mind my son and I using their beach the day we were there
Old March 18th, 2001, 06:28 AM
Admiral

when in Curaco this past November we went to the aquarium...it was a great way to spend an afternoon, the staff was fantastic, one even took us on a private tour of the entire facility. I highly reccommend going there.it is about a 10-15 minute cab ride from where the boat docks.
Old March 21st, 2001, 08:41 AM
First Mate

I went there on the Splendor a few years back, we are all scuba divers and there was this one really great tour that allowed you to scuba dive at the acqurium and feed sharks and turtles and stuff. You could also snorkle at the same place. So while we were scuba diving, others were snorkling and watching from above.

Steve
Old March 21st, 2001, 09:47 PM
Passenger

We were in Curacao last December. We did a walking tour on our own and then took a taxi for a refreshing tour of the island. I am attaching a picture of the harbour area, showing part of the pontoon bridge.
Old March 21st, 2001, 10:14 PM
Passenger

Oops, kinda missed adding the attachment. I had a lot of trouble trying to post the jpeg I wanted to show you, so i will substitute one showing the entry into the harbour.