Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2001, 09:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ANITA
Default No need to worry!

We have just returned from a cruise (our first) on Voyager (march 11-18). Before I went on the cruise I was worried about cabins, dress, excursions and feeling crowded. Well I want to let you know that I worried needlessly. Our DA class cabin (deck 8) was wonderful. Plenty of room for 3 of us, especially as the balcony was a good size. Dress is much more casual than I expected - except for formal nights. You just can't wear jeans. shorts etc to the dining room, but everything else goes. The excursions are booked on the cabin TV and the system is fantastic. Finally, the ship was full but I never felt crowded, the people were great. There were 300 kids aboard (apparently) but I wouldn't have known.We are now cruise converts. I can't speak highly enough about the entertainment, the crew and the beautiful ship. I envy everyone the excitement they will feel when they step aboard for the first time.
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2001, 09:48 PM
seatraveler

Default Re: No need to worry!

We know how you feel. My wife tried to get me on a cruise. I always said no. When a family vacation landed me on a cruise, I had a blast. Now i'm hooked. My wife and I cruise at least 2 times a year, with our next cruise set in April aboard the Grandeur. We have cruised on both the Voyager & Explorer and really enjoyed both, as they were during the Christmas seasons in '99 and '00. We will be sailing aboard the Adventure in December. I urge you to try a cruise during the holidays. If you were empressed with the ship's beauty, wait till you see a ship decorated with dozens of trees and hundreds of poinsettia plants.We are sold on Royal Caribbean, having sailed on 9 different ships on 10 cruises since 1994. We are both in our 40's, so we are looking forward to many, many more years at sea!
Happy Cruising,
Seatravelers
Old March 21st, 2001, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: No need to worry!

Hi Sea,
Its always good to hear someone that didn't want to cruise and gives it a try and look what happens. Wonder why there are people out there that won't give it a try, in my opinion, its the only way to vacation, worry free. Thanks for sharing your story and hope you have many more great cruises in your future.

We're all set to cruise on Explorer in 32 days, can't wait, anything you can tell me about your expierence on this ship?

Thanks,

Donnassei
Old March 21st, 2001, 07:34 PM
Kim Gardnder

Default VOS

I'm leaving on April 15 for the Voyager, just wondering do you have any pictures of the DA cabins with the balcony. I am on the 8th floor DA cabin.
Old March 22nd, 2001, 12:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ANITA
Default Re: VOS

Hi There
My pictures aren't developed yet, I will post when they are. We had a DA on deck 8 (forward). You are going to be delighted. We loved our cabin and although we didn't spend much time in it, it was wonderful to have the balcony for a relaxing half hour before we set sail from ports etc.
I had room for all our clothes (3 of us - the pulman bed comes down from the ceiling) and the suitcases went under the bed. There are lots of mirrored cabinets as well (I didn't discover they were cabinets at first). Wait until you see how the cabin attendant folds your towels each night --- I took photos, but I won't spoil the surprise! There is a hairdryer in a drawer in the cabin (not in the bathroom). The shower is super.
Have a great time.
Anita
Old April 1st, 2001, 12:42 AM
Passenger

Default Re: VOS

Hi!

I am also going on the April 15th cruise aboard Voyager. My first trip with RCCL. I have heard so many negative comments about the food. It sort of worries me. It is my fiance's first cruise and I wanted everything to be perfect. Have you heard anything about the food? Also, Do you know how the weather is in port at this time of the year? One last question, do you know if you can bring your own alcohal aboard? Do they check you suit cases for that sort of thing?

Hope to see you aboard!!!
Ellen