Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Tim Rubacky

Default On Board Radiance--Part 2

Good Mornimg All and Greetings from the Radiance, somewhere off the Grand Bahama Banks!

We sailed away from the Port of Miami last night with a rousing send off from Radiance's bigger sister, Explorer. The two ships exchanged several salutes of their horns and cars and people lined the Gov't Cut to watch us sail out.

Anticipation is making me wait..............

As this is an inaugural, glitches are to be expected and dinner ran VERY late last night. Our 845 dinner did not begin until 930 or so and the dining room seemed a bit chaotic. But once we were seated in the BEAUTIFUL Cascades dining room, things improved a bit. I must say that RCI's food is showing dramatic improvement here with new menus designed by Rudy Sodamin who was formerly the executive chef at Cunard. Slection, preperation and presentation was wonderful. If our experience is indicative, you're in for a big treat as RCI rolls out the new menus across the fleet.

Got Beefcake??

After dinner adjourned, at about 1145 pm, we made our way to the Aurora Theatre for the premier of RCI's newest production show, "Rockin in Paradise". This was probably one of the first shows I've ever stayed awake the entire way through and it kept me, and everyone I spoke to entertained. High energy and full of contemporary dance, it was quite a show. I've also never seen so much "skin" in a cruise ship production show. Mind you, I'm NOT complaining! :-) The entire cast is VERY good looking and very talented, I laud them for putting on such a great show.

Disco Fever

After the show, it was time to dance into the wee hours in the Viking Crown Lounge which doubles as the disco. The VC has a great bar and a HUGE dance floor; the DJ played a great selection of music and he kept the dance floor packed until well after 3 AM.

Sweet Dreams

As dawn approached, it was time to head off to bed in our supremely comfortable stateroom. I dont know if RCI is using a new brand of mattress, but they dont feel as thin as others and are quite comfortable.

More in part 3.............

Tim Rubacky
Consumer Affairs Editor
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2001, 04:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: On Board Radiance--Part 2

Hi Tim,
sounds like you're having a great time. We'll be going to Alaska on Radiance in September and can hardly wait. Any chance you can give us a sample of what the new menu is like?