Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2001, 05:54 PM
Admiral

Default aboard Radiance

Hi...

I'm aboard the first regular sailing of Radiance of Seas. A stunning ship, but boy, there are huge service problems. I would book this ship anytime for Alaska. Category D, deluxe outside with balcony, is on ship's aft. The balcony is ENORMOUS. And, you face the ship's wake. No vibration and full privacy.

This is the cabin I recommend. I could hold a cocktail party for 20 on the veranda and we'd be comfortable. They're on the aft end of each deck.
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2001, 06:20 PM
First Mate

Default Re: aboard Radiance

Thanks for the report. Which cabin are you in? Are all the Cat D aft balconies huge? We are booked in one on Deck 9 for Alaska in June. Hopefully they will have their service issues resolved by then...???
Old March 27th, 2001, 09:39 PM
Beth 2001

Can you see how large the balcony is for the AA Royal Family Suite on Deck 9? It is aft on the starboard side, and based on the diagram, it looks huge! We are booked in this cabin for the 4/30 Pacific Northwest sailing. Also, if you have a chance to peek inside, I'd love to hear how it's configured!
Old March 28th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Anne,

I hope to be going on the Radiance, but probably later on. Could you please ask when Capt. Michael Lachtaridis will be joining the Radiance? He currently is with the Nordic Empress. Thank you and enjoy your time cruising.

Lisa
Old March 28th, 2001, 07:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave

Hi Ann....Thanks for the information and hopefully, you can answer a question for me. My wife and I are booked for January 5th, 2002 on Radiance. We are also in a Category "D". Our room number is 1102 on Deck 10. I don't even know what aft means, but I know that we are on the back of the ship facing out toward the water. We were on another RCL cruise before in the back of the ship and we just loved it. What do you think? And are all the D rooms, even ours, the same size even though we're on the back and not on the side of the ship.

Thanks for your help and information. By the way..we are booked in a Mini-suite, "AA" room on Princess Cruise Lines. We are on the Grand Princess sailing May 20th. First time on Princess. Hope we like it. We are both 47 and like to have a lot of fun, but thought Grand would be a bit tamer where we could enjoy a little less hectic pace.

Dave
Old March 28th, 2001, 08:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Anne!

I bet you are having a blast on the Radience. I just love the fact we get to share her on the West Coast. Im curious about the in room internet service. This new technology is of great interest. Let us know how it works and costs etc. Have a Mai Tai for all of your kids here and we look forward to hearing all about it with pix when you get back . On part of all the cruise chatters Happy Sailing :-)

Rix @ Heather
Old March 29th, 2001, 07:15 PM
glo-ree-bee

I do hope there is plenty of closet and drawer space in the inside cabins.

Some day when we are rich and famous we will try an outside, balcony with all the glamour that supposedly goes with it.
Old March 29th, 2001, 10:20 PM
BillG

Hi Anne
Didn't realize we were fellow passengers. I agree with you about the aft cabins (category D) Our tablemates had one and invited us to see it. The balcony was certainly more than twice our E1 which was forward. Only negative about the aft location was the distance from the elevators (closest were in the Centrum). Looking down from our E1 on deck 9 we could see that the E3 balconies on Deck 7 were much larger than ours. For longer cruises, I would definitely recommend the D category which is just larger enough than Es to make a difference. I'm not sure I liked the results of rotating the Centrum by 90 degrees. Seemed to provide fewer seating areas with great views of the sea that are a hallmark of the Vision Class ships. What was your opinion. I must say that the Centrum was beautiful as was the whole ship. Great eclectic art, fantastic solarium and so many different bars you could have a drink in a different one each day on a seven day cruise and not hit them all.
Old March 30th, 2001, 07:20 PM
Vada

Bill- Just what I've been wanting to hear! We are sailing on her 4/23/01 and are assigned an E3 cabin on the 7th deck forward. If you look at the outside, we are directly above the "R" in Radiance. The deck plan showed our balcony as being large. Our TA had offered us an "upgrade" to E1 which I passed up because of the balcony size. She said it was not larger, but just looked that way. Something to do with the drawing of the deck plan. Hah!
We are very excited to read all your reviews. I'm trying (in vain) to drop some weight so I can eat my way to Seattle from Mexico!
Vada