Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2001, 06:39 PM
Scott Danczuk

Default personal belongings

Hello,

I will be sailing on the Explorer of the Seas in September. I am new to cruising
and thought I would post a question. Has anyone had any problem with taking
their personal belongings with them to the beaches? I have a nice camera that I would like to take with me, but was worried about just leaving it on the beach when we go snorkling or any other activity where you wouldn't take your belongings with you.

Thanks,

Scott
Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2001, 06:11 AM
Admiral

Default Re: personal belongings

Others may think differently, but I never take anything to the beach that I couldn't stand loosing forever. A good camera could easily go. For snorkeling, those disposable underwater cameras work great ... and if you want beach photos, there are other very good disposable cameras.

If you go on a snorkeling shore excursion, it's another matter. You can leave your items on the boat and they'll be fine.

Anne Campbell
Old April 9th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: personal belongings

Anne is absolutely correct. Unless you have someone traveling with you who you can depend on to "watch" your stuff on the beach, don't bring it. We never go in the water together just for this reason. We both like photography and usually carry 2 expensive camera's and equipment. As mentioned, the disposable ones are great, especially if you snorkle. Keep you cash to a minimum, purchase an Aqua Safe (credit card size plastic case on a rope) you can wear swimming with your cruise card, credit card and a few bills safely tucked inside and try tours as mentioned as a first timer, they are worth it.
Bon Voyage