Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2001, 10:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default E2 cabin on Radiance

will an e2 be large enough for my husband, me and our grandson (13)? we are in cabin 8554.
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2001, 02:21 PM
BillG

Default Re: E2 cabin on Radiance

It will probably be a bit tight. If the third berth pulls down from the ceiling, you should have a bit more room. However, if the sofa or loveseat is a pullout sleeper, you will be hardpressed for walking around room when it is set up for sleeping. During the day, however, it should be put back up as a loveseat and you will be okay. Unless you intend to spend a lot of time in your stateroom, it should not be a major problem. Radiance is a beautiful ship and you and your grandson should love its features. Happy sailing.
Old April 17th, 2001, 05:22 PM
BillW

Sally,

My wife and I and our 15 year old son had cabin 8554 on the 3/26 3 night "shakedown cruise".

The room has adequate storage for 3. The upper berth comes down from the ceiling above the main bed(s) and is perpendicular to them.

The balcony has 2 nice chairs and a small round table.

I think you will enjoy it.
Old April 17th, 2001, 11:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

thanks for the info..wow..weird to talk to previous room holders! our grandson will love the "loft" as my husband has built one in our home for him. we sail on the 11th of may for a short Canada run and a "shakedown cruise" for the grandson. we just came back from mexican riviera on the Rhapsody. we had a suite and it was great! this upper berth sounds a bit like camping..but we should have a wonderful time! do we still have a sitting area with at least a loveseat? what about a bar? what would you estimate the sq footage? thanks!
Old April 18th, 2001, 11:44 AM
BillW

Sally,

There is a small loveseat next to the bed. This room is a triple so it does not make into a bed.

I think the square footage is around 165 + balcony.

There is a refridgerator which is stocked with soft drinks, etc. for which you are automatically billed if you take out.

The room is similar in size to an outside room on the Rhapsody.

You can check out my review if you wish at www.cruisereviews.com. It was just posted last weekend.
Old April 25th, 2001, 07:36 PM
Terri Vollmer

Sally,

My husband and I just came home from sailing on the Radiance and we had a category E2 cabin and for two people it was a little tight. We found the cabins on this ship a little smaller than what is on other RCI ships. .
Old April 26th, 2001, 02:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lindsay

I heard that Radiance regular staterooms are LARGER than, let's say the Vision or Rhapsody. Radiance cabin is 170 and the other ones are 154 give or take.
Old April 26th, 2001, 01:50 PM
BillW

Lndsay,

You are exactly right.

However, on the Vision ships cabins with balconies are around 190 s.f. and above.

On the Radiance there are many more balcony cabins and the mid-level ones were about the same size as the cabins with portholes.

I think that was what she was referring to.

We had 3 in an E2 and had no problem. Everyone is different.

BillW