Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2001, 11:45 PM
Passenger

Default Drink coupons?

We are going on the Voyager in July. I've heard that you may be able to purchase drink coupons in advance for alcohol or that there is some "all inclusive" card you can purchase. Anyone have any info on this?
Thanks!
Tami
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2001, 06:11 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Janet
Default Re: Drink coupons?

Think you might have this confused with soda card that you can buy for kids under 18 for about $20.
Soda is only free at dinner - during day at pool, it can add up for kids
Old April 25th, 2001, 08:34 AM
First Mate

I AGREE IVE BEEN ON 8 RCCL CRUISES AND HAVE ONLY HEARD OF THE SOFT DRINK PROGRAM.
Old April 25th, 2001, 11:59 AM
Barbara Butler

Carnival offers drink coupons. They give a small discount toward drinks. They can be purchaced ahead of time.
Old April 25th, 2001, 12:10 PM
Passenger

Yes, we have purchased the coupons through Carnival. Basically we were able to purchas 4 mixed drinks for $10.00. That was a good savings! We are looking for something similar to this for Royal Caribbean. We heard another couple say they bought an all inclusive card that for a certain price they could drink all they wanted. For the two of them they had a bar tab of over $600 but did not have to pay it as they purchased something ahead of time and said they saved money but we have no more info then that.
Thanks
Tami
Old April 26th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Tami, that is a good question to Post on the Practical Advise forum on this cruise site. If more cruise lines caught on, it may entice more 1st. timers. Of course with the drink prices so high, it could reduce their profits. Therefore they would in turn increase everyone's cost of the cruise. The best answer to no Soda or Drink Cards is to bring your own although a pain, it does help lower the drink expenses.
Bon Voyage
Old April 26th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Tami, that is a good question to Post on the Practical Advise forum on this cruise site. If more cruise lines caught on, it may entice more 1st. timers. Of course with the drink prices so high, it could reduce their profits. Therefore they would in turn increase everyone's cost of the cruise. The best answer to no Soda or Drink Cards is to bring your own although a pain, it does help lower the drink expenses.
Bon Voyage
Old April 27th, 2001, 09:15 AM
First Mate

Here's the correct answer to your question:

1. Royal Caribbean has a soda card but you must be under 21 to get it. Its like 20 bucks and you get unlimted soda for the week.

2. Their is NO alcholic drink coupon system on Royal.

I've sailed with the line 7 times and twice this year, no program has existed. Any questions let me know

Steve...
Old April 30th, 2001, 12:07 PM
renae

steve,

are you sure it is under 21?? last i heard it was for 17 and under.
Old May 2nd, 2001, 11:40 AM
Jay S

renae,
Per RCCL website (under "info & extras"):

"Coke Program

On a Royal Caribbean Cruise, children have their own beverage programs, too. Young cruisers, 18 years and younger, can have as many fountain soft drinks as they like for a fixed price by participating in the Kid's Coke Special. This can be purchased throughout the ships' lounges and beverage service counters. "

Jay S
Old May 4th, 2001, 10:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Last week I read a post (not sure what site) about a program where if you got something like 30 people to sign up in a group, they could pre-purchase a drink program. It is pay-one-price according to how many days you cruise, and includes all alcoholic drinks. I think the way I figured it out, you need to drink at least 7 drinks a day to make it pay for itself, at an average of $5.50 per drink. Not sure if tip was over and above that or not. We don't drink that many drinks per day so I didn't pursue it.

We are going to Alaska so I know I won't be as thirsty as in the Caribbean. If you drink a lot it might be worth it.
Old June 13th, 2001, 08:58 PM
cricket55

I haven't heard of drink coupons but if you enjoy wine with dinner, RCCL had a great wine package when I cruised in late 1999. It was $89.00 and you got 7 bottles of wine from a choice of about 8 to 10 wines (decent wines). If you didn't finish your wine from the previous night, they corked it for you and brought it the next night. Great value!