Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2001, 08:55 PM
First Mate

Default Cabin selection advice - Adventure of the Seas

We will shortly (as soon as the bookings open)be booking the Adventure for next May. We will probably go with a D7 thru D9 or a D1 cabin. Any advice as to best location from those who have sailed Explorer and Voyager? Has anyone stayed in 1388 or 1688 at the aft of deck 10? Looks like the verandas might be much larger. The cabins seem to be a different shape also.
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2001, 09:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Cabin selection advice - Adventure of the Seas

Hi David,
We just got back from Explorer and had a balcony cabin on D7, very nice, nicest cabin/balcony we've had yet. Plenty of closet/drawer space and a nice little sitting area/desk. The showers were pretty cool too, don't think you could go wrong with that catagory. Don't know about the ones aft, we were pretty much right in the middle, felt very little movement in the cabin, as we had 15-18 foot waves for 2 days. Did feel it in other areas of the ship, but were able to handle it fine.

What are the ports for Adventure of the Seas, may consider doing that ship as well, absolutely loved Explorer, you're in for a great time!

Donnassei
Old May 6th, 2001, 10:22 PM
First Mate

Adventure will sail from San Juan with stops at Aruba (1 1/2 days), Curacao, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. Two days at sea.
Old May 6th, 2001, 10:35 PM
Seatravelers

Actually, your time in Aruba is one day - just extended time. Arrival in the morning and sailing after midnight at 1 am. We are booked on the Adventure in December and sailed this exact itinerary on the Rhapsody in December, 1997. You will enjoy having time in Aruba after dinner, or having dinner ashore for that matter. In '97, we went out after our late seating dinner to a couple of clubs nearby for drinks and dancing. We had to be back by 12:30 am, so we had plenty of time.
Happy sailing........Seatravelers
Old May 7th, 2001, 01:13 AM
First Mate

Your are sure correct. I misread the am for pm.
Old May 7th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed on Explorer and had an aft cabin. The balconies are "much"larger. When we sailed on Voyager last year, our friends had cabin 1388. The cabin as well as the balcony are bigger than the side cabins. I would definitely recommend aft. We have had aft cabins on the last 3 cruises and will have another next year when we sail the Grandeur. Motion has not been a problem The only time we notice is on the last day pulling into port. It serves as our wake-up call!

Denise :-)
Old May 7th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Admiral

Thanks David,
Very interesting itinary, no stop in Aruba? Sound good.

Thanks again,
Donnassei
Old May 7th, 2001, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Default Oops, I see Aruba

Oops,
I see there is a stop in Aruba, actually a long day there :-) Even better, will have to think about this one.

Donnassei