Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2001, 02:25 PM
Steven Fuchs

Default Voyager of the Seas in May 2002

Help,

Has anyone been on this ship in May, heard the waves are smaller. I do not want to get sick, I would have to assume that a ship so large would be quiet.

I also heard a middle room is better, is that true. Is a Balcony a big deal for a extra 200 bucks?

The ship does go to Grand Caymen now, so the itinerary is good.

Please help, thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2001, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Voyager of the Seas in May 2002

Hi Steve,
Yes, there tends to be less movement if you are mid ship, but remember these ships are huge, so you shouldn't feel a lot of movement. We did have some rough days on Explorer and you could hardly tell. As for spending the extra $ for a balcony, only you and your check book can tell, but personally we can't cruise now without a balcony, really makes the cruise that much better. Had a balcony cabin on D7 of Explorer and the cabin was the nicest cabin we've had so far, plenty of space to store everything and a little extra room to move around in, and of course the balcony was great! We went the end of April and the temps were very comfortable, usually around 80, couldn't complain about the weather at all except for 2 very windy days, not too bad.

Just make sure to snorkel with the Sting Rays in Grand Cayman, its awesome, and be sure to buy an underwater camera at home before you go, you'll end up paying twice what you could get it at home and you can still use it for regular pics too, have fun.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 6th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Passenger

Take the balcony, it is just so much better with it. It's worth the $200 even if you don't go out on it. I bet you will be glad you did.
Old June 6th, 2001, 09:28 PM
Texas

If you've never had a balcony, GO FOR IT!!!

I went on my first cruise in March, cabin 9544 w/ balcony and loved it. Now having experienced it, if my budget is a problem, I won't get one. Also, if you're very active and don't plan on being in your room but to sleep, I wouldn't spend the money for one. I liked being around the other cruisers up on the pool decks so now that I've experienced it, I can go either way.
Old June 8th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Admiral

Hi,
Been there, done that and would never cruise again without a balcony! We've had them twice now and there's just nothing like having breakfast out there before you start your day, and nothing in the world tops sleeping at night with the doorwall open, listening to the waves and smelling the Caribbean air!
Have a great cruise!
Old June 13th, 2001, 09:30 AM
snickers

We were on Voyager May 27-June 3 and had the best cruise experience ever. We booked last minute and got a balcony cabin at the back of the ship on the 6th floor.

We had never had a balcony cabin but have always had a window before. I can't tell you how much we enjoyed the balcony. There is nothing like eating breakfast and coming in to the ports or being at open sea. IMO it is definitely worth the money. The cabin we were in had a metal barrier between us and the cabin next to us. The other cabins we noticed had a more of plastic partition between the balconies. We could not hear the people next to us but other people said they could hear between the plastic partitions on the balconies. We had the last cabin in the hallway which is always the one we prefer because it is so quiet.

We felt absolutely no movement at all on the whole cruise. Voyager Class has a new stabilizer system which is awesome. If you get a chance try to watch the Voyager show on the Travel channel before you go. It was on several times this past week. I'm sure they will run the cruise week again before you go in 2002.

My husband and I always said they we didn't care if we had a balcony on a cruise except for Alaska. Well, we have changed our tune, if it within our budget in the future, we will always ask for a balcony or hope for an upgrade. We have now been on Royal Carribean 4 times and can always wish for upgrades.

Which ever cabin you choose, you will have a great time!
Old June 13th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Snickers,
Having a balcony cabin is almost as addictive as cruising it self, we find it very difficult to not have a balcony, its definately worth the extra money for us.
Your cabin sounded awesome, hope to get one of those someday too, glad you had a great time on Voyager. We too had a great cruise on Explorer a few weeks back, would go again in a second.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 26th, 2001, 03:13 PM
First Mate

We will be on the 5-26-02 sailing. I can only say it's going to be a looooong winter waiting for next may! We have been on 2 other cruises and didn't book this far out. Unfortunately we can't go the balcony route this time, it was either a balcony or take the teen (14 yr old daughter). Since we made the mistake of taking her last year she is hooked too. Maybe next time. Can anyone tell me how small the inside N stateroom is.
Thanks