Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2001, 07:41 AM
granynanny

Default Royal Caribben Web Site

Does anyone why the Royal Caribbean website (and Celebrity) has been down since Friday? Can't get into either one.
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2001, 08:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Royal Caribben Web Site

Hi Granny,
Yep, just got into them both, may-be try a different browser and see if that works, good luck.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 11th, 2001, 10:59 AM
NJmatt

Maybe because they are merging the two companies together,because to me it seems like the ultimate conspiracy of RCI is to bring the downfall of Celebrity and bring it into the fold of RCI.
Old June 11th, 2001, 11:16 AM
BillG

They are certainly taking their time in doing so. Perhaps an accountant could explain what great advantages would accrue to RCI if they totally eliminated Celebrity's identity. I think that they are probably better off doing what they are doing, allowing both lines to operate with a certain degree of independence and as readily identifiable separate entitities. I am surprised that they have not explored more ways in which they could operate more closely (such as offering frequent guest credits for cruises on either line or offering a joint website). The cruise industry has seen many changes (some would say that some were not for the better. RCI is certainly not responsible for all of the changes that have taken place in the industry, and it is difficult to know what changes might have occured if Celebrity had remained independent or had been bought out by another line. We don't even know that Celebrity would still exist. Celebrity never operated at a profit during its solo existence and was a prime target for takeover by Carnival, RCI or perhaps another line. it is a bit disingenuous to continue seeing an RCI conspiracy in every change made by Celebrity.
Old June 11th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Ceddie

Thank you Bill I couldn't have said it any better, lets try to be positive for once
Ceddie