Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Moondawgie

Default Mediterrean Cruise

Does anyone have experience with a 7-day RCI cruise in Europe? Any good places to book and get a good deal? I have never cruised Europe before, and would appreciate any advice you can give. Looking at May-June 2002. May need to book cabin as single, so need advice on low single supplements as well.
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2001, 05:09 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Mediterrean Cruise

All I can tell you is to stay away from Costa cruiseline if you're going Mediterranean.
Old June 19th, 2001, 06:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Cindy
my husband and I were just on the RCCL Grandeur of the Seas to the Mediterranean in May of 2001, it was a 7 day cruise
sailing out of Bacelona, Monte Carlo, Livorna, Civitavecchia/Rome, Naples, Valleta, At sea, Barcelona. It was
a great cruise, the ship was beautiful, and the food was Great!!
My only complaint was not having enough time on the ship as we
were off the ship everyday on shore tours.
Feel free to email me if you have more questions.
Happy cruisings
Charlene
raindropjc@aol.com
Old June 20th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Admiral

RCI and Celebrity have been putting one or two ships in Europe each season for 7 night cruises. The 2002 schedule must be out there by now. All ships are newer and would be great for cruising Europe.
Bon Voyage
Old June 22nd, 2001, 09:04 PM
Pooh Bear

Moondawgie:

We've done 2 7-day Medit. cruises and 1 12-day Medit. cruise over the last 2-1/2 years.

We decided after the 2nd 7-day cruise that the 12-day was more to our liking. We did 7 days on Rembrandt, 7 days on Legend and 12 days on Splendor. We loved the RCCL ships Legend and her sister Splendor and are trying to put something together for next May. The 12-day cruise included Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Naples, etc. - - - and the highlight of the trip was Venice (ahhhh, Venice!). The cruise we are planning for next May MUST include an overnight in Venice and the Greek Islands. (Would be nice to be able to "custom design" your own itinerary!)

We did Hawaii on Infinity in April and while she is a beautiful ship, Splendor and Legend were more to our liking.

You will have a wonderful time in the Medit. but if you are like us - once will NOT be enough - you'll be planning another before you leave the ship (!).

ENJOY!

Pooh Bear
=^-.-^=