Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2001, 09:46 PM
Bob Schindele

Default Nordic Empress-Bermuda

Trying to book a cabin for NEXT July out of NY. Anyone else experiencing difficulty booking a quad cabin next year? Sounds crazy I know...but this is what I am being told by several agents and .com's.Has anyone sailed with a family (2) adults/(2) children and if so what category cabin? Have always had a balcony and wondering will the balcony cabins accomodate (4).

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Bob
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2001, 09:13 AM
LabeYoung

Default Re: Nordic Empress-Bermuda

Bob
We had the same problem this year with our family of 3. According to our agent, the government of Bermuda has a quota of visitors that are allowed every week. Since each ship that travels there has a certain quota, the ships will prefer to book only 2 by 2 in each cabin rather than 3 or 4 in a cabin as a family may do.
Thats the story I got last spring, anywho, I got a cabin for the 3 of us but it took patience.
Labe
Old June 16th, 2001, 10:26 AM
Tim Rubacky

It's true, the Government of Bermuda places strict limitations on the number of cruise ship passengers which has resulted in the cruise lines severely curtailing the number of 3rd/4th pax they can/will carry.

Tim Rubacky
Consumer Affairs Editor
Old June 16th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Babette

The only categories which are available as quads are D, F, L, O, Q

Now, whether they will sell them as quads..........because of the restrictions is another story.

I'd book one outside and one inside. One parent and one child per booking... and then once on board, switch.
Old June 17th, 2001, 07:42 AM
First Mate

This is pretty funny because I just booked a cabin as a SIGLE for July 8th THIS YEAR & was put into a QUAD cabin by MYSELF! I noticed that the full capacity of this ship is over 2000 if all beds are full, but that the cruise this week only had 1500 according to the stories about the fire, so mayby they do have a capacity ceiling set by Bermuda