Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2001, 07:21 PM
Elizabeth Clark

Default Explorer - July 28, 2001

I am taking my nieces and their friend (ages 16, 13, and 13) on the Explorer July 28. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated, i.e., as in which shore excursions would you recommend, what are some on-board activities that should not be missed, etc. What type of clothing do they need to bring (are they expected to dress up for formal nights?) Also, anyone else with teens cruising that date? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Edd

Default Re: Explorer - July 28, 2001

If you would remotely be interesed in trying Scuba diving.... go to the Coki Beach dive club and try it. We did (we are not scuba divers) and it was one of the highlights of the cruise...
http://www.cokidive.com/cruise_page.htm

The ice show is very good... and the parades are very fun. All of the entertainment is top quality and I am glad that we saw all of the shows.

As far as dressing up goes. I think that from now on, I may rent a tux to wear on formal evenings. I never thought that I would want to do that, but I do think that it would be nice to do. Everybody is soooo dressed up that it makes you want to wear something very nice. You would not feel out of place if you didnt dress up, but you kinda want to.

We just got back off of the Explorer a few weeks ago and loved every minute of it.
E-mail me if you have any questions...

Edd
Old June 19th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Explorer - July 28, 2001

Hi Elizabeth,
We were on Explorer a few months ago in the spring and the kids dress up pretty much like the adults, just some nice dresses, etc. I also wrote a review that has some highlights, its a great family cruise. Just be sure to read through the "compass" when you get it and decide what activities you want to do the next day, there are so many fun things.

Here is a link to my review, hope it helps some:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_RCI/explorer5.html>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host