Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2001, 07:56 AM
First Mate

Default nordic empress update?????

Anyone have any news of the progress in repairing the empress? I understand that the cruise for June 24th has also been cancelled! We are booked on July 8th & hope that they get it fixed! john
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2001, 09:02 PM
LabeYoung

Default Re: nordic empress update?????

Well, we are travelling also and got our packet today so we still have our fingers crossed. I have been surfing the net and haven't seen any updates since the 24th cancellation. Hope to see you on board. Labe
Old June 22nd, 2001, 07:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good Day:

My name is Leslie and I work aboard Royal Caribbean's Nordic Empress. The ship is in Bermuda right now and the master is hoping to have the Nordic Empress ready for the July 1 sailing. He is planning to leave Bermuda on Wednesday June 27th and arrive in New York on Friday July 29th and stay docked in New York for the July 1st sailing. This is the schedule for the ship now and can change depending if the repairs have been fixed or not. So, we are all waiting to see whats going to happen.

I would love to meet you and I will keep my fingers crossed that the ship sails.
For further information I would be glad to let you know whats going on with the Nordic Empress so you can e-amil me at lls@ibl.bm

Happy cruising,
Leslie
Old June 27th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Yeoman

Dear Leslie,
We are set to sail on the Empress on July 15. Have you any news as to the status re the fire? I hope the ship is in tip top shape! My friend sailed in May and was disappointed. The pool was under repair and the toilets overflowed, and she said the ship smelled like raw sewage! I hope we will enjoy our time on the Empress, we are a family of 6, 4 kids (22, 19, 17, 6) and my husband and me.
Please update us on the fire!
Old June 27th, 2001, 06:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good Day:

Well, the ship is now scheduled to depart Bermuda on Thursday morning and arrive in NY on saturday morning for sunday (July 1st) sailing depending if the repairs are complete. I would guess your cuise on the 15th is still on schedule unless something happens between now and than. They have been working night and day repairing the vessel.

The toliets are a problem. But most times the toliets are not working because other guest feel that they can put anything down the toliets. So, in that event they stuff up the toliet and the plumming department shuts off the entire ship to fix the problem. I can tell you that this happens a few times and pasengers and crew are unaware of the problem and go to flush the toliet and they can't. I urge you to not let that make your cruise unenjoyable. Again, its your fellow passengers. The pool is open now and the band is back in their original spot after construction.

You may e-mail for further information. I hope to see you during your cruise. Send me your e-mail.

Happy Cruising,

Leslie
lls@ibl.bm
Old July 15th, 2001, 10:00 PM
Passenger

Got off ship today (July 15th) . She is still operating on only 3 of it's four engines due to the fire. cruise speed reduced to 15-16 knots causing a late arrival & early departure from Bermuda- Passengers not informed until underway! johnny