Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2001, 08:51 PM
First Mate

Default Radiance aft staterooms?

Sailed on the Radiance for one of the four day sailings out of Seattle and it was WONDERFUL! Planning a 2002 Hawaii cruise on same. We had a Cat B suite and it was so luxurious.

But would really like to snag an aft stateroom on any of the decks. My question is on the aft staterooms... that are not in the corner, that is as in 1102, 1104 on deck 10...they almost look like the view might be almost like a tunnel...the deck is long and narrow- like your bed would be so far from the edge of the deck that it would be hard to see much to either side. Anyone been in/seen these staterooms?
Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2001, 02:26 PM
Kathy G

Default Re: Radiance aft staterooms?

Nancy-
We had a Cat D aft cabin 9660 and it was wonderful. Not at all like a wind tunnel. The bed is close to the sliding door and the couch is closer to the bathroom - different layout than a Cat C. It was great we sailed to Alaska and could leave the door open at night and not be too cold. There is no wind on the balcony which was nice. I highly recommend the aft cabins - there was no motion either and the sound of the wake was like listening to a gentle waterfall.! Go for it!

Kathy G
Old July 10th, 2001, 06:25 PM
First Mate

Kathy,
Thanks so much!! Really appreciate. Well you've got me sold! Told me exactly what I needed to hear. Thanks again- Nancy
Old July 10th, 2001, 06:57 PM
First Mate

Kathy,
I just booked it- the cabin right next to yours- 9260! Yippee skippee! It's 15 mos away, but can't wait!!! Thanks again.
Nancy
Old July 10th, 2001, 07:10 PM
Kathy G

It's also better being on deck 9 you don't have the noise from deck 11 Windjammer. You will love this cabin. I have an aft corner (9256) booked for next June - you get the side view and the aft view. There are only 3 of these type cabins - 9256, 8168 & I think 7172.
Have a great cruise!

Kathy G