Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 13th, 2001, 11:21 PM
Fran A.

Default ???Any ideas for a surprise???

I am taking my 10 year old son on what will be a first time cruise for both of us July 22 RCI/Soveriegn. As of now this is still a surprise. I am ready to "tell" and am looking for a "FUN & EXCITING" way to tell him. Any ideas?????? If all else fails, and no replies, I suppose I can just have him read this................
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2001, 05:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: ???Any ideas for a surprise???

Hi Fran,
I kind of like the idea of him reading these messages, wow, what a suprise for him, bet he loves it. Do let us know what his response is??? Have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst
Old July 14th, 2001, 08:49 PM
First Mate

Yeah the idea of having him read your post would be great. You might even put in your own comments to him. I was going to suggest doing a card (via computer) that says Bon Voyage w/a cruise ship on it. You two have lots of fun. Your son is going to love the kids program!
Old July 14th, 2001, 09:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Fran...

I would post here and in the teen and family message folders, and see if u can find another kid around his age who's booked on this cruise. If you manage that, then just have the other kid e mail your son saying " I heard you're going to be on the same ship as me".
Just be sure to tell the sender to say Ask Your Mom, if u doubt it!!!

Regards,
Kuki
Old July 15th, 2001, 08:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Have a brochure ready-to show him the ship, and all that is offered. That way he can get an idea of what to expect.
My 2, (ages 6&9) didn't know what to think. But in line at the embarkment on the Grand Princess last year, another boy about 9 also, was next to us. And surprisingly enough out of 2100 people, our cabins were next door to each other. We didn't see him the entire 7 days!! He will love it!!!!
Old July 16th, 2001, 07:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

How about buying him something related to the cruise-- like his own suitcase/ snorkeling mask or something. Then make up a phony cruise ticket to give him when he wonders what he got the gift for -- Tell him soon tho, because half the fun of a cruise is planning for it.
Old July 16th, 2001, 10:18 AM
First Mate

I would buy him a cheap, toy boat; make up and attach a ticket that says "This ticket hereby authorizes Master __________ to get on the Sovereign of the Seas and travel to __________. Please see Mom for more details."

Happy cruisin!!
joanne
Old July 19th, 2001, 08:30 PM
chris mitchell

Hi
I am also doing a surprise cruise with my sons. For them I had a flyer of the ship in the harbor made into a puzzle. Each day they each get a piece of the puzzle to put together (80 pieces = 40 days) So far only 10 days into it they can only detect sky and sea...but in another few days it will be visible. Since you are close to the date of sailing you could just get the puzzle and have him assemble it. I just used a sir speedy copy place near my house to do the puzzle for $15.00.
Just love surprises!!!
Have a great cruise!!
also on ebay I purchased this and have seen it again, an inflatable royal caribbean ship about 2 ft. long, used it for a surprise bon voyage party for my husband, cost about $6 ...kids like using it too.
Chris
Old July 27th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Linda Marie

Ask your TA if there's a video of the ship available to show your son. The best way to surprise him would be to hand him the brochure, and then, his docs and boarding pass! He'll feel very "grown up" holding and looking through the cruise documents.