Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2001, 09:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Majesty of the Seas Sept. 3 - 7, 2001

My husband and I are going on the Majesty for our 5th wedding anniversary and are both very excited. However, as I keep trying to find the good things about the RCI vessell, I seem to run into some negatives as well (although this is to be expected on any ship I am sure). Anyway, my questions are these:

1. Just HOW little are the inside staterooms and what is in them exactly?
2. What about the age group? We are 32 and 33 years of age.
3. We enjoy elegant things and hear that the RCI ships are just that, however, I am a little concerned as this ship is soo old and I hear the rooms are EXTREMELY small.

That is all I can think of for now, but please understand I want this to be a WONDERFUL cruise for us both as my husband has never cruised before and I don't want him to be disappointed in any aspect of it as I would like to return in the near future! I have cruised on one of the Holland America ships several years ago -- about 7 years ago and it was awful.

Thanks in advance for any input (good or bad) that you can give to me. I don't want my TA just trying to sell me a cruise, I want her to give me the best that there is for our age group!

I have really enjoyed reading all of the other posts regarding other ships, I just wish there were more reviews for the Majesty. I have read a few, but that was all I could find. Thanks again!

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2001, 10:37 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Majesty of the Seas Sept. 3 - 7, 2001

Majesty is a beautiful ship, sailed on her twice when she was on the Western Caribbean route. Yes, the cabins are smaller than their newer ships, but honestly you're never in the cabin. Get a window! Pay the extra fifty or hundred bucks its totaly worth it. My suggestion would be for deck six, its really nice (its the half a deck). The ship is elegant, lots of brass and very upscale furnishings. It used to be the world's largest cruise ship from 1993-1995. Her capasity still exceeds many of the newer ships. She was also featured on lifestyles of the rich and famous for the world's best cruise ship back in 1994.

You'll enjoy her.

Steve....
Old July 16th, 2001, 10:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Steve,

Thanks for your input. However, we really are on a limited budget as to going for the extra $100 for a window, as much as we would love to have one. We are only going on the 4 day to the Bahamas and I would like to try and have a little bit of money for an excursion and souvenier, that is why I am a little limited on this cruise. That is the reason I didn't opt for a window or a balcony to begin with. Having been on a cruise before I know that you are never in your room because there are so many things to do. However, I just want to make sure that we do have ample room to move around without running over the other person.
Your post does make me feel better, and I may go ahead and check into the window just in case. We have booked late so I'm not sure they are even available now. The area they are looking into giving us is a Category O and they said that is VERY close to the front -- do you know if this is a good sign or a bad sign?

Again, thanks for your honesty and input and I look forward to talking with you more.

Tracy
Old July 17th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Sprinkles

Hi Tracy,

We're also booked on the Majesty for 10-1-01, I had also booked an inside guarantee (months ago), as we are doing a back-to-back of the Grand and I just wanted to get on. I too was getting a little nervous about the inside and had our agent re-check the rates, for $35.00 (total) more then we had been paying for a guarantee cat O, I got us in cat F(picked cabin mid-ship on showtime deck). For us the $35.00 was worth it, you may wanna just have your TA check just to see what they say. Regardless, I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Old July 17th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sprinkles,

Thanks so much for the advice! I will put my TA on it immediately -- who knows, maybe it will pay off! Thanks again for your help and I hope you enjoy your cruise in October! Have fun.

Tracy
Old July 17th, 2001, 09:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Tracy, I was on Majesty in Feb. we had a cat F on showtime deck, this was my first time on a Royal Caribbean, my husband and I always cruise the newer ships that have much larger standard cabins. I was with my daughter and granddaughter (8) and I never felt like the cabin was too small. Don't know if I would book that size for 7 or more nights, but for a short cruise it was ok. As a matter of fact, I think we will be on Majesty next month for our 33rd anniversary. So, have a very happy 5th anniversary and enjoy the cruise, the ship is wonderful.
Old July 17th, 2001, 10:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Grannynanny, thanks for your feedback! As a matter of fact we did end up booking a Cat. F forward today. I think it is cabin # 6508 on the Tween Deck which is the half deck. Do you know anything about that particular place on the ship? Also, I hear that the more forward or backward that you are the more you feel the ship going up and down, do you know if that is true or not?

Thanks again and congrats on your 33rd wedding anniversary!

Tracy
Old July 17th, 2001, 10:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Grannynanny, thanks for your feedback! As a matter of fact we did end up booking a Cat. F forward today. I think it is cabin # 6508 on the Tween Deck which is the half deck. Do you know anything about that particular place on the ship? Also, I hear that the more forward or backward that you are the more you feel the ship going up and down, do you know if that is true or not?

Tracy
Old July 17th, 2001, 10:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Tracy
Old July 17th, 2001, 10:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry, my computer didn't look like it was taking my post! Still trying to get the feel of it I guess.

Tracy
Old July 18th, 2001, 09:00 AM
arlenerup

My husband and I were married on the Majesty a feew years ago. Great ship Great service, Great cabin set-up. The inside and outside cabins are very close in sq footage (inside 119 sq ft & out 122 sq ft) Unless it is not much to go to an outside cabin I would just stay with the inside. We had an inside.
Old July 18th, 2001, 09:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks again for your response! I had decided to stay with the inside but as you could see in my earlier post, we went for the picture window instead of no window. I know that doesn't make a difference in the size but my hubby decided he had to have it!

Thanks again for all of your feedback, you have been most helpful!

Trac~
Old July 18th, 2001, 10:13 AM
Sprinkles

Good for you Tracy, enjoy your cruise! Hope you tell us all about it when you get back (since your going before us). Really want to hear all about the shore excursions. Have a great time!
Old July 18th, 2001, 10:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Sprinkles,

Of COURSE I will be happy to tell you all about it and provide pictures when I return. When did you say you were going? I am actually getting more excited and find myself wishing I was leaving tomorrow!

Trac~
Old July 18th, 2001, 06:37 PM
Sprinkles

We're on it 10-01-01,,,,getting excited. Just saw the shore excursion info for our Grand Princess sailing, hoping to get the info on Majesty soon. We definately want to go to Atlantis, just don't know how we're gonna do it yet. I think we're probably just gonna go with the flow on Majesty and see what we want to do.
Old July 18th, 2001, 07:24 PM
Passenger

Tracy,
I was on the Majesty from July 13-16. The ship is beautiful, large & easy to get around. Even though the staterooms are a little smaller than most, its just fine for 2 (a few years ago, I was in the same room with 4). The staff is excellent, very happy to serve & always with a smile. We had a waiter in the dining room who's name is Jitender Sachdeva, he is the best we ever had. The cruise director Rick Spacey is funny & upbeat. The shows were fantastic. There is a different lounge for every taste. The ship is clean & well kept. The age group was 45 & under, you'll meet plenty of couples your age. I was surprised that the crowd was so young. Everyone on the ship seemed to be happy & having a good time, I didn't hear complaints from anyone.
It was one of the most relaxing cruises I've ever been on & would not hesitate to go again.
Enjoy your cruise.
Old July 22nd, 2001, 10:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Enjoy your cruise Sprinkles and I will let you know how the Majesty is when I return. When did you say you were going on the Majesty?

Trac~: )
Old July 22nd, 2001, 10:16 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Robin,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise on the Majesty a couple of weeks ago. Was the 3 night long enough? We are on the 4 night and I am already wishing it was 7 nights instead!

I'm sure we will have a lot of fun, I just want my hubby to enjoy himself so much that he will be ready to go again!

Thanks again for your feedback,

Trac~