CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Radiance's Chops Grille-Worth it? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/229223-radiances-chops-grille-worth.html)

Lady Jag July 25th, 2001 12:51 PM

Radiance's Chops Grille-Worth it?

Less than 2 months and we'll be on the Radiance. We've decided to skip the formal night in the dining room and were wondering if Chops Grill is worth the $20 per person charge. Do you tip the wait staff in addition to this $20 charge? How was the food? What do they offer? Steak?

Thanks for the help!

Traci July 25th, 2001 10:05 PM

Re: Radiance's Chops Grille-Worth it?

Lady Jag:

I posted a response to this on the other board. I was posting on this board and the computer decided to freeze. I finally got back on and ended up posting my response there.

Traci

Nanatravel July 26th, 2001 09:36 AM

What other board Tracie?

grannynanny July 26th, 2001 01:17 PM

We ate in both Chops & Portofino when on the 2 day to nowhere on Radiance in April. We did not eat in the DR since all reports of service were so bad. We preferred Portofino's over Chops, nicer atmosphere and thought the food was better. Also, we ate early and got a seat by the floor to ceiling window, it was wonderful watching the sunset. Enjoy your cruise, the ship is great, we will be back on next June to Alaska, can't wait!

Lady Jag July 26th, 2001 01:37 PM

Grannynanny:

Can you tell me what the charge was for Portofino's? What kind of food do they have? Is it gourmet Italian like Sabatini's on the Grand Princess? Why was the food better there? Was it the atmosphere only?

Thanks so much for the help!!

Bobbie

Linda Marie July 27th, 2001 04:06 AM

Re: Grannynanny:

Portofino's also charges a $20 reservation fee per person, and it's Italian food.

cruiseboys July 29th, 2001 09:10 PM

Chops Grille is outstanding! The maitre d, Ann and her staff provided top-notch service and the food is wonderful. In our opinion, well worth the $20. You cannot get a meal of the calibre of Chops at any restaurant landside for $20!

We sailed on Radiance in May for 2 nights from Seattle to Vancouver followed by the inaugural Alaska sailing.

Lady Jag July 30th, 2001 12:28 PM

Cruiseboys-Help!

Can you tell me what time you were able to board the Radiance? We're doing the 4 night in October and are anxious to get on the ship ASAP. Also, what pier did you board at?

Thanks so much for your help and info on Chops!

Ardie August 1st, 2001 02:26 AM

Re: Cruiseboys-Help!

Get to the pier at around 10:45a.m., and you should be on the Radiance by 11:30. We did a Pacific N.W.cruise, last May.

Ardie August 4th, 2001 10:49 PM

Re: Cruiseboys-Help!

We didn't do the Chops Grille, we enjoyed the dinning room.