Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2001, 09:56 PM
First Mate

Default Transfers: Cab vs. RCI transportation

Myself and my wife are booked on the Explorer in October. Due to the fact that we booked the airfare ourselves, the transfers with RCI are not included. We have the option to purchase the transfers from RCI separatley. We are also considering just taking a cab from the airport to the pier. I would appreciate some input from those of you that may have used either type of transportation to/from the airport to/from the pier, and which you preferred. I am not concerned about the cost! I am only concerned about which one may be quicker, less hectic or easier than the other. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 26th, 2001, 10:32 PM
Bobby

Default Re: Transfers: Cab vs. RCI transportation

TAKE A TAXI. Since two of you are going, not only is it cheaper to take a taxi, but you don't have to wait on a bus to fill up, the cruise rep to meet other people, finding the cruise rep, etc. etc. We went on the Explorer last December. I believe the taxi from the MIA aiport to the pier was $18.00 (set by law). I would never get the ship transfers. It's too easy and convenient to take the taxi. It's even better going back to the airport. We were off the ship and on our way in a matter of minutes, while others were looking like lost sheep waiting to board buses to the airport!
Old July 27th, 2001, 08:22 AM
jparr

Bobby is absolutely right! $18.00 is the correct price. It's so much more convenient to take the taxi.
Old July 27th, 2001, 06:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jill

Better yet, while you are waiting at the airport to depart, quiz some of your airplane mates, see if anyone else is headed for your same ship, and without transfers. Share a cab with them, save some $$$$!!!!
Above all, have a great time!
Jill